Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifiyng a component on board MSI - MS-17FK : Bravo 17 A4DDK

Hello everyone,

I'm begging for help on this one. A customer came with a laptop that has a broken screen. I also checked the board and found a blown component on the board. I assume it has something to do with the backlight because even the broken screen has no backlight. Otherwise, the laptop works fine on the external screen.

Can someone help me with identifying the blown component? I wasn't able to find a schematic for this motherboard or find the right IC from the marking on it.

Thanks, everyone! Have a great day.
    Attached Files

Re: Identifiyng a component on board MSI - MS-17FK : Bravo 17 A4DDK

Hi, I think it's an APL3512ABI-TRG.

Comment

+1

Nice find! Looks to be a logical device and the markings do match - these are common to being used for USB connectors so there should be plenty of equivalent devices on the market.

Review DIODES Inc. or similar. 'USB Load switch' with a 2A rating, etc. but must be ACTIVE HIGH for the enable pin. SOT23-5 package.

Comment

Hello, thanks a lot! Bought it from eBay and that fixed the problem. Listing on eBay: 5PCS New APL3512ABI-TRG APL3512ABI APL3512A sot23-5 L2A* L2AB LA24 L2A6 IC CHIPS

Comment

In such cases I take 1st similar donor board and change without reading markings when you see it's definitely backlight driver, never had any issues so far.

Comment

Working...
          X