Sharp LC19SB24U; red vertical line comes and goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC19SB24U; red vertical line comes and goes

Yes, this is a very old Sharp 19" but I would like to fix it if possible. As you can see from the attached picture there is a single red vertical line.
    Yesterday when I turned the set on, it was there for about 30 minutes then disappeared and did not show up again (set was on for another 3 hours or so).
    Today it was not there when I powered the set on, then appeared after about 15 minutes. Set has been on for about an hour and it's still there.
    From what I have read I'm guessing that this might be the t-con board and not the display itself as it does come and go.

Edit: just pulled this off of the wall to finish installing an outlet behind it. As the case is gently flexed (which is difficult because it's an old, solid TV) the red line comes and goes. I know the connection to the LCD screen itself has exceedingly small contact surfaces. Any easy way to reseat it so it's proper all the time with no wiggling necessary?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by valvashon; 02-03-2023, 10:27 AM. Reason: Added info

Re: Sharp LC19SB24U; red vertical line comes and goes

simple things first, clean and re-seat the ribbon cables going from tcon to panel, careful they can be delicate, can use isoprophy alcohol, some use a pencil eraser.

Comment

Here's what the display looks like without the T-Con board connected. Colors are reversed but the blue line is showing up where the red line was. Overview and closeup.
      I'll assume that we are all done here with this set aside from parting it out, assuming anybody wants parts from a 15 year old 19" TV.

Val
      Attached Files

Comment

seems like its probably a bad tab bond, a shim should work if thats the case.

Comment

example of testing for the condition and shimming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcdTNoOoN0

Comment

link to a recent thread with a bad/loose tab bond, video links explain it, many more videos on youtube: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116036
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-01-2023, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all your help everybody but I think we are done here. I tried shimming and just made things worse. And notice how the red line is still there.
              The only thing left is to figure out who gets the boards- ShopJimmy or eBay?

Val
              Attached Files

Comment

Damn, what happened, if it was a tab bond contact issue, it would be the one right where the red line is and just require a bit of a shim like what was used in the videos.

Comment

Working...
                X