Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pantum P2502W Toner Reset Chip help

Thank you!
    I think I randomly tried the AclReadTable (I suppose 00 AC 00 09) and it hanged the printer, probably because it needs good parameters in the remaining bytes.
    Could you tell me something about the parameters? And where did you find the documentation on the ACL commands?

Comment

Originally posted by pippolippi View Post
      Thank you!
      I think I randomly tried the AclReadTable (I suppose 00 AC 00 09) and it hanged the printer, probably because it needs good parameters in the remaining bytes. Could you tell me something about the parameters? And where did you find the documentation on the ACL commands?
      00 AC 00 09 AA AA AA AA SS SS SS SS 00 00 00 00

AA = address (big endian)
      SS = size (big endian)

I extracted the ACL command/function information from a debug build of the firmware.

Comment

Right, what are suitable addresses and the maximum you can read at once (I doubt it's 0xffffffff)?
        Maybe the address of the page counter hasn't changed (even if mine is firmware 3.2.4.2).

Comment

Right, what are suitable addresses and the maximum you can read at once (I doubt it's 0xffffffff)?
          Maybe the address of the page counter hasn't changed (even if mine is firmware 3.2.4.2).
          The maximum you can read at once is ~1.5MB IIRC. I always read in chunks of 1MB (or less).

0x00000000 => RAM (128MB)
          0xF6000000 => SPI FLASH (8MB)
          0xFD0D0000 => OTP eFuses banks 0 to 3 (256 bytes)

Comment

I'm stubborn but lazy :what are the address(es) of the page counter(s)? (at least in your version of the firmware).

Comment

I'm stubborn but lazy :what are the address(es) of the page counter(s)? (at least in your version of the firmware).
              It is not that easy. Page counters are stored on both SPI flash and toner chip. Highest value "wins". IIRC, to reset the page counters you first have to patch a function in RAM to prevent the firmware from overwriting one of the page counter variables with the page counter value stored in SPI flash. If you send me your dumps in private, then I can decrypt your firmware, locate the page counter variables and tell you how to reset them.
              Last edited by timschuerewegen; 01-10-2023, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timschuerewegen View Post
                If you send me your dumps in private, then I can decrypt your firmware, locate the page counter variables and tell you how to reset them.
                Thanks to your invaluable help I managed to reset the toner of my brand new printer.

Comment

I found a simple way to reset the toner chip page counter via the USB cable. No need to open the printer or buy a chip programmer.

The only drawback is that you still need to be able to print a page for the firmware to write the new page counter to the toner chip.

If anyone wants to try this, send me a PM because this hack is firmware version specific and at the moment it will only work on printers that have the same firmware as mine.

Is ti resolution still valid, in that case can you share it?
                  My firmware version is: 3.2.4.1

Comment

How do I get the firmware version?
                    I have 2 pantum P2500W and now 5 cartridges all but one reading expired. Tried a new chip and get "toner cartridge mismatch".

Comment

@timschuerewegen I got the printer, under Linux I found that I can write some commands to /dev/usb/lp0 and get back an answer (I tried the same on tcp port 9100, jetdirect, with no answer).

The commands have the format

(ESC)%-12345X@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=ACL(CR)(LF)(16 bytes)(ESC)%-12345X

and the 16 bytes I found that give me back an answer are:

00 ac 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 -> gives back the firmware version (string)

00 ac ff 85 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 -> gives back the ram size in MB in one of the reply bytes

00 ac ff 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 -> gives back the serial number (string)

00 ac 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 -> gives back a long string with some gibberish and part of the model

00 ac 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 -> gives back a longer string with some gibberish and another part of the model

Could you tell me if I'm on the right track and what are the commands to read/write the memory?
                      hello, how did you send the command to the printer?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixik2020 View Post
                        hello, how did you send the command to the printer?

Under Linux I open the device file (in my case /dev/usb/lp0) and write to it/read from it.
                        Specifically I'm using freepascal, so I use a TFileStream, i.e.

Code:
                        FPrinter:=TFileStream.Create('/dev/usb/lp0',fmOpenReadWrite);

Comment

Under Linux I open the device file (in my case /dev/usb/lp0) and write to it/read from it.
                          Specifically I'm using freepascal, so I use a TFileStream, i.e.

Code:
                          FPrinter:=TFileStream.Create('/dev/usb/lp0',fmOpenReadWrite);
                          ok, do you have a program?

Comment

do you think it is possible to change the serial number through the program?

[05:25:07.582] ACLParserTask - recv msg job detail
                            [05:25:07.599] ParseACL - ACL: Received CMD=FF05
                            [05:25:07.606] ParseACL - ACL PARSER:acl cmd matched 0xff05
                            [05:25:07.613] ParseACL - ACL PARSER:acl cmd data 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                            [05:25:07.624] AclGetSerialNumber - serial number:CK4S045166
                            [05:25:07.632] ParseACL - ACL:got a uel flag to exit acl parser

Comment

Originally posted by Fixik2020 View Post
                              ok, do you have a program?
                              Yes. @timschuerewegen do you think it's OK I publish it?

Comment

Yes. @timschuerewegen do you think it's OK I publish it?
                                I don't know

Comment

can i get the source code of the program? private

Comment

Is it possible to change the serial number of the printer program?

Comment

I just ordered a P2500W. The toner chip communication is encrypted, according to the disassembled printer firmware, but I have all the necessary information (I think) to read/write the toner chip data using an arduino. If anyone is interested in a modified firmware that e.g. sees empty toner cartridges as full or wants to reprogram toner chips using an arduino, let me know.
                                      i am interested please

Comment

Hello, I have been trying somehow to make the pantum p2500w printer work without the chip that the toner comes from the factory.

Is there any way to edit the firmware of these printers? Or someone who knows the method to obtain the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by dexrex View Post
                                          Is there any way to edit the firmware of these printers? Or someone who knows the method to obtain the firmware?
                                          I can edit the firmware and know how to make it work without toner chip, but it is too much work, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                          X