Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2080ti Founder edition trying to identify components

Hi All,

I have an rtx280ti with a blower (palit) which seems to be the founders edition board design. I opened the card to replace the blower with a evga cooler (i found it locally for cheap new), the card circuit board looks really similar.. on replug it was working sort of normally, had the led and fan turning, but computer wouldn't post. So i removed everything, verified all the connections and re-plugged and at this point the component in red on the attached picture) started to make some smoke instantly and since the card is not detected. I have checked the schematics for the 2080ti found on this forum, it seems to be Q831 and to be part of the 1.8v rail which would explain why it's not detected anymore i assume. Does anyone know where i can find a similar component or the reference to try and replace it ? ( i cannot read what is on mine as it's kinda burned)

I'm really un-sure what i did wrong here, it's definitely not my first time disassembling gpu and re-assembling them...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by loic_l; 01-19-2023, 11:44 AM.

Re: 2080ti Founder edition trying to identify components

Is it just a mosfet maybe ? If it was, 4 pins would usually be grounded, 3 for power, and 1 gate. IDK if they'd have the fet on the bottom tho with the inductor topside

Maybe its the controller for 1.8V rail. Low voltage controller chips are all pretty similar, probably pretty interchangeable, provided they were wired up the same.

Comment

Working...
    X