Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Induction Stove Power supplies

Hi,
    I have this stove. We just bought a house with it so no back history other than it doesn't work. I took it apart and found the filter board burned up and the left side Generator board had a blown up bridge rectifier (ac legs completely gone) and 2 bad mosfets and some zener diodes.

I found replacement mosfets and bridge rectifier at mousers. It not sure what zener diode to get as replacements. (I don't know how to identify specs) any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Now the real problems starts with the filter board. There appears to be previous attempts to repair. I found a burn mark where they soldered something across a relay I guess.
    I turn the board over and can see where they replaced a few parts it looks like.

I really need some help on the filter board testing and replacing bad parts.

Before you say replace the boards the filter board is $600+ and the generator board is $250-$350.
    Attached Files

Re: GE Induction Stove Power supplies

good luck with total rebuild .

Comment

Did all 4 mosfets short? The other side 1 and 2 doesn’t look to bad, so I would check the zener diodes there. If one is not shorted, than you got easy going finding a replacement. As usual, first fix everything you know is bad. Problem is that the gate drive of the mosfets might be damaged too… so you got to check that as well. On the other board, you need a 20 A fuse and a new relay for sure. I am thinking someone replaced the fuse with a wire. I see some bad solders there too.
      Start with replacing the bridge rectifier, 4 mosfets, the zeners, a relay, a 20A fuse. Investigate the gate drive of the mosfets, other than that all those parts you put in go poof in a hurry. Make sure you don’t have any shorts and the gate drive isn’t stuck on. Other than that, good luck and see ya next year! Happy new year!

Comment

Happy New Year!!!
        Thanks for the info.
        I just looked up the replacement filter board and there doesn't appear t be a 20amp fuse on it. It looks like someone soldered a wire on my board as you mentioned but I do t think it's even supposed to be there. Really strange

I attached a pic even though it's hard to see from that angle it looks blank.

How do I test the zener diodes to get there rating so I can order replacement.

Thanks in advance
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks like they are relying on the trace as a fuse, if the trace blows open, then you install fuse clips and a fuse.
          There is a repair service for the generator board and they also supply the fuse clips and the new fuse for the filter board.

I know your not interested in going this route but I see encompass lists the complete updated assembly (WB27X27186), filter board, and both generator boards for $544.95, If this is the correct replacement part number, ebay has the complete assembly for around $350.00
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 01-01-2023, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks R_J thanks for the info on the fuse and clips. That’s helpful in understanding why the previous person repaired it the way they did. (Half ass lol). Unfortunately that’s not my boards though for $350.

Ecompass has my filter board listed at $620. Part # WB27X11074

Comment

Working...
            X