Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting Auria 27" (EQ276W)

Hello,

I have a ~1 year old monitor that has recently stopped working. When I press the power button there is no response from the monitor--screen stays black, LED light does not light, and there is no sound of any kind other than the "click" of the power button being depressed. There weren't any symptoms noticed leading up to the failure. This monitor has an external (brick) power supply which I tested on another monitor--worked fine. I've also ruled out ports on my video card and cabling between monitor and video card.

After some reading one thing I decided to check was the status of the capacitors inside the monitor. From research on this site it looks like the CapXon (green, on the small board in both photos) are possible culprits. These are labeled "220uF 35V" on one side and "P1142 Vent" on the other. These green capacitors appear to have a very very slight bulge which you may be able to see in the second photo, but I don't have any "good" CapXon to compare to. Does this look like a problem or am I seeing things?

None of the other capacitors on either board seem to have any sort of bulging or discharge so I didn't take any detail photos of them. The other capacitors are nicon/KME and the green capacitors on the other board are branded KSC.

Re: Troubleshooting Auria 27" (EQ276W)

The preferred method of putting photos on the site,is to use 'go advanced' then 'manage attachments'.That way inline photos don't slow the loading down,people can then zoom in closer using that,and advise.It is not possible to see if the caps are bulged or not,so would suggest better photos as advised, and/or change the caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
      The preferred method of putting photos on the site,is to use 'go advanced' then 'manage attachments'.That way inline photos don't slow the loading down,people can then zoom in closer using that,and advise.It is not possible to see if the caps are bulged or not,so would suggest better photos as advised, and/or change the caps.
      Ok, I've hosted the same files with Badcaps. I don't see any difference in functionality--both methods had the same level of zoom for me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Comment

Any other input?

Comment

Ok, I've hosted the same files with Badcaps. I don't see any difference in functionality--both methods had the same level of zoom for me. Maybe I'm missing something.
          It's not a zoom issue, it's an issue of pictures loading too slow for some people and an issue of making sure the images will be preserved in the future (in case someone a year from now has issues with his own monitor there's no guarantee your host will still have the files)

Check the power supply, check the linear regulators on the board (if any), if you have one use a scope to check the output voltages of those switching regulators you have on the pcb (i see three inductors, so assuming at least a couple of those are used for switching regulators)

Basically check voltages. You might have an issue where the voltage drops when you press the power button or the led strips light up or when something else on the board starts drawing power.

Comment

The quick way to decide if the fault is on the small board...Green caps or something else ?? is to switch the monitor on WITHOUT the small Board connected, and see if the power led comes on.....if it does the fault is on the small board..if not then you are looking elsewhere.one of the basic problems with Power bricks(horrible word), is the connector on the Monitor Board can fail,so that should be easy to eliminate for you with a simple DC voltage check.

Comment

Working...
            X