Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help in diagnosing a Bose Wave II radio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in diagnosing a Bose Wave II radio.

My first post here.....I got hold of a Bose Wave II radio (pic attached) which was not giving out any audio at all. Over the weekend, I managed to change all the SMD caps on the radio (all except the ones in the shielded can that houses the uP) to leaded ones from Panasonic and Nichicon and relieved that the radio now powers up normally and plays audio thru the speakers.

However, I have 2 strange issues.......

a) The headphone jack gives no audio out.....when plugging headphones, the speakers mutes as they should , but I hear zilch on my headphones.
    Do these radios have a separate headphone amp or are they driven by the TDA7376 itself?

b) On AM and the AUX input the audio is perfectly fine, however on FM, there is a consistent buzz from the radio.....this is confusing me no end, as the AM/FM chip is common (LA1837) and I assume that the finals should be fine as AM/AUX are perfect......any pointers on where I should start looking?

For the life of me, I cant find a schematic for this version of the Bose Wave...........does anyone here have access to the schematics/service manual?

thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Help in diagnosing a Bose Wave II radio.

This may be a stupid question but, after you plug in the headphones do you press the up-volume button?

On the FM are you using the external antenna or the internal antenna. I read on the Bose site that when an external antenna is connected it disconnects from the internal antenna to avoid multi paths.
    Last edited by keeney123; 05-09-2022, 11:25 PM.

Comment

https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?...a=All&kat2=All

Comment

Unfortunately the links in Electrotanya have the schematics for the older versions and not the Wave System II.....this radio uses the TDA7376 as the final amp chip.

Comment

Tda7375 on the diagram
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, but the radio I have uses the TDA7376 not the TDA7375.
            I already have the schematic for the radio using the TDA7375

Comment

Working...
            X