Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #41
budm
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: S.F. Bay area
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120V 60Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Dell U2410f

The resistance reading between those two pads, the Gate and Source are soldered to those pads. Take the resistance reading again also of the Q853 when you have it removed.

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809
budm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #42
wasmundt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasmundt View Post
I'm seeing across Q853 is SG: .6, SD: 2, and DG: 2.4
Same reading with Q853 taken off the board.

The reading on the board from Gate and Source soldering pads is 0.L

Also, I'm just making this thing worse and worse.. My soldering iron has a really hard time heating the solder that is on the board to an appropriate temperature. I managed to mess up the C882 capacitor in the process. It's reading a 0.L load resistance across it now (no gradual increasing resistance as the capacitor charges, just a constant 0.L) I was able to find the readings on it and they are from top to bottom, X, 101K, 1KV. I guess I'll add that to the list of parts I'll need too..

Will something like this work for replacing the C882 capacitor? http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...5PH-ND/2356735

Was looking at this for the .2 ohm fusible resistor. http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...2BCT-ND/614253

Last edited by wasmundt; 11-02-2012 at 12:28 AM..
wasmundt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #43
budm
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: S.F. Bay area
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120V 60Hz

The reading on the board from Gate and Source soldering pads is 0.L: that is good, the PFC IC does not have shorted out gate drive pin.
Capacitor should read infinite resistance since it is an open circuit device. It is very small value cap so it may not show the charging ramp up when you use the meter.
You can use that one from DIGIKEY.
budm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #44
wasmundt

As far as the mosfet goes, it's labeled: F15NM60N. I can't find any legit places selling them, any suggestions as to where I might be able to pick one of these up? Other writings on the fet are GK1FN V3, CHN 927, and it's manufactured by ST.

Last edited by wasmundt; 11-02-2012 at 01:17 AM..
wasmundt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #45
Lumberjack777
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Seattle WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasmundt View Post
As far as the mosfet goes, it's labeled: F15NM60N. I can't find any legit places selling them, any suggestions as to where I might be able to pick one of these up? Other writings on the fet are GK1FN V3, CHN 927, and it's manufactured by ST.
I think this is what you are looking for http://www.ebay.com/itm/W15NM60N-Tra...item4abdac5494

~L-J-7~
Lumberjack777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #46
Reech

City & State: Bellmore/NY
My Country: United States

I have the exact problem FR851 is too burned out to see the value bands..
Does anybody know the value of this fusible resistor?
Thanks
Reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #47
ploughguy

City & State: Westgate NSW
My Country: Australia

It has been some time since this topic was last active.
I have a really basic question - I have a U2410f that has gone dark and I cannot find any instructions on how to open it up. I have already snapped the cover off the power switch while fiddling around (following what turned out to be irrelevant instructions on fixya - God please smite that site - what a woftam) and I don't want to do any more damage.

I have done surgery on other Dell screens (both still going strong) but this one has me foxed.

So if anyone out there is still listening, please tell me how I open the little devil up.
I would rather fix it than six it but the Mrs is telling me that 12 months out of action is enough and it has to go. I think she is right but I am giving it one last shot.

Thanks for your help.
PG (who can open a tractor in minutes, but a screen - not so much...)
ploughguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #48
ploughguy

City & State: Westgate NSW
My Country: Australia

By the way, I rang Dell and asked about out of warranty repair and they told me that the U2410f is not designed to be repaired. If it's broke, don't fix it. Pack of bastards.

I am starting to hate the 21st century and this throw-away culture that is now rampant. Some people have kids, and I suspect they will spend their later years perched on giant mounds of discarded electronics with water lapping around the edges, eating cockroaches buttered with the goo from cheap chinese electrolytics.
ploughguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #49
tom66
EVs Rule

City & State: Leeds
My Country: UK
Line Voltage: 230Vac 50Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech

Indeed. Most consumer electronics are not designed to be repaired. Most cheap supermarket TVs for example do not have any service guide.
Free service manuals: http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/ -- 72 LED/LCD TVs, 5 monitors, 28 plasma TVs, and 2 AVR 6.1 amplifiers fixed! -- I repair Pioneer 9G Plasma Main Boards & KRP-M01 Media Receivers (PM me for info)

2 Pioneer KURO 9G, 12 Panasonic LCD/Plasma, 1 Sony LCD, 1 NEC Plasma, 2 Yamaha HTS, 5 Sharp LCDs, 5 Toshiba LCDs, 7 Philips Plasma/LCD, 1 Hitachi Plasma, 11 LG LCD/Plasma, 18 Samsung LED/LCD/Plasma, 1 Thomson Plasma, 1 Atec LCD, 1 Hanspree LCD, 1 Xerox LCD, 1 Harwa LCD, 2 Proview LCD, 2 Hyundai LCD, 1 "Onn" LCD, 1 Grundig LCD, 1 Dell LCD, 1 iiyama LCD, 1 Acer LED, 1 Logik LCD, 1 Baird (China) LCD, 6 Bush LCDs, 22 Vestel LCDs (Best->Worst)
tom66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #50
ssiler

City & State: Altadena
My Country: United States

i've read through this thread in hopes to finding a similar issue with my monitor but no luck. Quick run down of whats us - Dell U2410 monitor - it was working perfect for the last couple years - now, when you turn it on you can see an image "2 seconds to black" and then it goes completely black. If you shine a flashlight on the screen you can't see anything. You can repeat this an infinite amount of times by turning the monitor off and turning it back on. I've tested all my external connections, swapped monitors to make sure its not my video card and even bought 11 new resistors online and swapped out the main ones on the main board as an early post suggested.

i just put everything back together and i still have the exact same problem. Turn it on and receive a picture for 1-2 seconds and then black. the only way to get a picture again is to turn it off and then back on.

Any suggestions would be welcomed and thanks in advance for helping out.
ssiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:18 AM   #51
selcuk_e

City & State: ISTANBUL
My Country: Türkiye

Dear SSiler,
I have the same problem as you described above on the same model. I sent this device to their authorized service, they told me that Lcd panel should be changed. And I did not accept this report because it is working for few seconds. They sent me the device back and look? It is not even working anymore. They broke it worse then it was before I sent. now I am trying to do it work again with myself. If any advise, welcome,

Thanks,
selcuk_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #52
jonidimo

City & State: Buenos Aires
My Country: Argentina
Angry Re: Dell U2410f

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiler View Post
i've read through this thread in hopes to finding a similar issue with my monitor but no luck. Quick run down of whats us - Dell U2410 monitor - it was working perfect for the last couple years - now, when you turn it on you can see an image "2 seconds to black" and then it goes completely black. If you shine a flashlight on the screen you can't see anything. You can repeat this an infinite amount of times by turning the monitor off and turning it back on. I've tested all my external connections, swapped monitors to make sure its not my video card and even bought 11 new resistors online and swapped out the main ones on the main board as an early post suggested.

i just put everything back together and i still have the exact same problem. Turn it on and receive a picture for 1-2 seconds and then black. the only way to get a picture again is to turn it off and then back on.

Any suggestions would be welcomed and thanks in advance for helping out.
So this is a common issue of the board : KLS-LM240SH-HF ... I have the same problem. I detected there are 4 capacitors not working in this board. But I have no idea of the specs of this capacitors, where to buy (I live in Argentina and went to many stores, but none of them sell this item) or how to change and fix it using capacitors of any old smartphone.
jonidimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #53
jonidimo

City & State: Buenos Aires
My Country: Argentina

I can't edit my message. But ... there is any cheap alternative to this? May be buy another board compatible with this?; Replace with any aliexpress LED alternative? DIY a own open source circuit with JLCPCB (or any similar company)? anything?
jonidimo is offline   Reply With Quote