Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP50747 50" / LG PDP50x4 T000 Panel Tv won't show video

Originally posted by phatcav View Post
    Am I supposed to short the pins on the cable connector or the board connector? I'm thinking the board connect since PIN1 on the cable is not utilized - PIN1 is the first pin on the lower left hand side of the cable and pin 2 is the pin right above it on the top row and it is pinned. I just want to make sure before i start jumping them. Thanks so much for the help up to this point btw.

Thanks,
    phatcav
    If pin 1 of the cable is blank, you will have to short pins 1 & 2 on the main logic card.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Well I got the main board ordered and it should be here by next Wednesday - i'll update and let everyone know if it corrected my issue. Thanks for everyones help.

Thanks,
      phatcav

Comment

Does anyone know what are the capacitors for this model, I have the sanyo with lg parts and was wondering if anyone knew, thanks!!

Comment

if it is an lg board you shoul dissconect the lvds cable and short the "AUTOGEN" testpoints in the control board, that will run a test like PlainBill said..usually the're very close to each other...

Comment

ok main AV board came in and that did not resolve my issue- so back to th edrawing boards - I checked the voltages again - only discrepancy is on a connector where the voltage should be 200-210 volts I get 195volts - could this be the issue? I see the panel is charged (very dimly lit) and have sound just no video....what to check next - i will also try the self test - this is a sanyo version of the tv...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
            michael

Comment

ok main AV board came in and that did not resolve my issue- so back to th edrawing boards - I checked the voltages again - only discrepancy is on a connector where the voltage should be 200-210 volts I get 195volts - could this be the issue? I see the panel is charged (very dimly lit) and have sound just no video....what to check next - i will also try the self test - this is a sanyo version of the tv...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
              michael
              A very dimly lit panel usually indicates a bad Z-Sustain. What results did you get when you put the panel in test mode?

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

well i have the samsung part # LJ41-05309A and when I short pin 1 and 2 on the logic board the screen goes from being dim to totally dark. I dont know if this is the self test on the samsung board?

thanks,
                michael

Comment

Also - I see a Y-sus and X-main but I dont see a z-sus board?

thanks,
                  michael

Comment

Also - I see a Y-sus and X-main but I dont see a z-sus board?

thanks,
                    michael
                    As you are standing behind the TV, the Y-Sustain is on your left. The board in roughly the same position on the right is referred to as the X-main by Samsung, as the Z-sustain (Z-sus) by LG Electronics.

PlainBill

Comment

Thanks Bill - i was wondering if it was another term for one of the other boards.

Thanks,
                      michael

Comment

Thanks Bill - i was wondering if it was another term for one of the other boards.

Thanks,
                        michael
                        Terminology is always a problem with plasma TVs. Each company that makes plasma panels and each company that makes plasma TVs have adopted their own terminology. Samsung is perhaps the worst. As I recall, they have about 4 'main' boards in their plasmaTVs. There's an x main board, a y-main board, a logic main board, and a miscellaneous main board. Philips uses Samsung panels, but uses their own terminology.

PlainBill

Comment

these are the pics of the tv and the board that just clicks twice when powered up. no other sound or pic.
                          Please help
                          thanks
                          mike in tucson
                          aniceplaceonthelake@hotmail.comfile:...20tv%20001.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by madmike56 View Post
                            these are the pics of the tv and the board that just clicks twice when powered up. no other sound or pic.
                            Please help
                            thanks
                            mike in tucson
                            aniceplaceonthelake@hotmail.comfile:...20tv%20001.jpg
                            For a number of reasons, I won't open pictures stored offsite. Attach the pictures to your next post using 'Manage Attachments' below the text entry area.

PlainBill

Comment

I have the exact same problem as everyone else here. Same model Sanyo DP50747(Panel LG PDP 50X4####). Plasma turns on and stays on. D2 and D5 are off. D3 and D4 are on. Screen is bright, with no defects. My problem is that I get no video or sound, and none of the menu buttons work. When you press the menu buttons on the TV, it does not even respond. Even pressing the power button does nothing. When plugging in the AC cable. The plasma automatically turns itself on. After that I get nothing. Only way I can get the TV to turn off is by unplugging it. I bought this tv broken and thought that I would fix it. When I originally opened their were about 8 bad caps PSB, also the fuse was missing from the power supply. I bought new ones of the exact same and replaced them. That was only a couple of days ago and I can already see them going bad! I also expect that their is a wire missing that goes from the power supply to the main board, but I'm not 100% sure(Their is no wiring diagram that I could find). Low hum coming from Y and Z Boards. I'm pretty sure their good cause screen shoudn't ven turn on if they weren't. I think I have it down to either the PSB or Main Board need to be replaced, but i'm not sure wich one tho. Or it could just be a missing wire that goes from the PSB to the main Board. Will be post pics of the unit up later today. Please help ASAP! Greatly Appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X