Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help to identify capacitor marking TV 2 0318 (attached pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help to identify capacitor marking TV 2 0318 (attached pic)

Hi All,
    Please help me identify this capacitor, I have tried searching online but I cant figure it out, if someone could post the rating that would be much helpful.
    Attached Files

Re: please help to identify capacitor marking TV 2 0318 (attached pic)

maybe it's written on the other side.

however, if it's across the power pins on the chip then it's probably 0.1uf (100nf)

Comment

stj is probably correct, as to the value being on the other side and as to the likely value. The value code for .1uF would be "104" (100,000pF). The "0318" you can see is probably the date code (YYWW), the 18th week of 2003.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I would guess there are others like that on the board, can you see their numbers?

Comment

i have pulled it out, and there's no other markings. maybe TV is manufacturer code?

Comment

meter it.

Comment

Are you asking because you think this is a bad part or are you just curious or are you getting a short across it?

Comment

The 18 week of 2003 , and T stand for a Tantalum , although it's supposed to be a resin dipped axial ceramic capacitor , while they forgot to put the voltage code V and the the capacitance 3 digits ..Some low chinese made of course .
                Best thing to do is to show the near chipset number and the surrounding figure , trying to define a standard value .

Comment

Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor axial lead

Comment

i am asking beacause I broke the original capacitor when I lifted one lead. I want to buy a new one but I cant figure the rating.

link for datasheet
                    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...3e45f4cff8.pdf
                    Attached Files

Comment

sorry, I forgot to say that the capacitor is attached to the VCC pin of the Hex inverter.

Comment

Just replace it with a .1uf disc, or get one like this Kemet C410C104M5U5TA7200 or digikey.com 399-4454-1-ND
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by R_J; 07-19-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks all. I followed R_J's advice. Please close thread.

Comment

You are welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                            X