Benq Q7T4 FP71G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benq Q7T4 FP71G

Working on a Benq FP71G model Q7T4. So far have found blown fuse, bad solder job on cap at C826, 2 blown transistors (those infamous C5707). Also included in attached photos is the MOSFET part number I think user "pecolt" was looking for in the Q7T3 thread.
    Attached Files

Re: Benq Q7T4 FP71G

interesting so far i had the same bad soldure at the same part and the 2 blown transitor. C826 broke but no broken fuse, still looking to find what else may have broken ive tested the 4 transformators :t804 to t801 and they are all fine. got any leads to what it could be?

Comment

"Replace Q808,Q809 --> type 2sc5707
      C826 0.22uF 160v
      C712 1000uF 10v
      PF801 3A wicked Fuse"

Comment

Also check the FU MOSFETs one of them usually likes to open.

If one is open both of the monitor blacklights won't turn off when you hit the power button.

Oh yes and were not talking a standard 3 amp glass fuse it's a pico fuse it's a through hole component.

It is black and almost the same size as an IN400X diode but it will say Buss (a fuse company) in green with the voltage and amperage on it.
        Last edited by Krankshaft; 10-27-2008, 12:38 PM.
        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Wow! Just fixed a friend's benQ, and the culprit was also a bad solder joint on C826. Those transistors must pump out a lot of heat, and melt the solder next to them.
          Thanks to all.

Comment

i am having the same problem with mine, if anyone is still willing to help, solder on C826 looks fine and broken on mine, will re solder that, also, there is solder missing on one little spoke on the big yellow thing, will re solder them both tomorrow will start with C826, and leave other off and than try it, dosent appear to have had solder there b4 hand

screen turns on for 1 sec, and flash's off

Comment

Probably C5707 ics. I had 2 of those last week, both the AC and DC versions. You're going to have to buy the parts. Just fixing solder joints isn't going to do it.

Comment

how much do you think it would cost to fix all up, not really worth throwing screen away i couldent find C5707 some solder is broken on mine but dose not look to bad, ill just solder it all up, and see how it goes, if it dosent work, will have to take it to the next step and get some parts for it. and see how it goes, how much would it cost for all most common parts which go???

Comment

Originally posted by zerophotos
                  how much do you think it would cost to fix all up, not really worth throwing screen away i couldent find C5707 some solder is broken on mine but dose not look to bad, ill just solder it all up, and see how it goes, if it dosent work, will have to take it to the next step and get some parts for it. and see how it goes, how much would it cost for all most common parts which go???
                  FIXITNOW gave a list of parts above. Google lists a number of sources for the 2sc5707, several have it for under $2.00 each with no minimum order. The two caps should cost under $1.00 each. The picofuse might be the expensive part - you'll probably have to buy a 5-pack for $5.00. Add in shipping and it should still cost less than $20, delivered for everything on his list. Of course, this is for the USA.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same Problem as FreeGeekVan. So far I replaced the (obviously blown) c712 as well as the c707, c708 and c709 (just in case). I furthermore put in an new Q805 (shortcircuited with IRFU 9024N and replaced al sc5707 with sc5707. I tested the fuse PF 801 and a current can run through. The symptom of a white screen with running backlight has not changed. Does anybody have an idea how to fix my Q7T4? I can not test capacitators so I do not know which other ons to replace. Furthermore my standart electronics dealer (in Germany) does not have any replacement for the c826 which was also one of the most common flaws. I will see if I can get that one elsewhere...

Cheers,

Canadan
                    Last edited by canadan; 03-28-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canadan
                      Hi,

I have the same Problem as FreeGeekVan. So far I replaced the (obviously blown) c712 as well as the c707, c708 and c709 (just in case). I furthermore put in an new Q805 (shortcircuited with IRFU 9024N and replaced al sc5707 with sc5707. I tested the fuse PF 801 and a current can run through. The symptom of a white screen with running backlight has not changed. Does anybody have an idea how to fix my Q7T4? I can not test capacitators so I do not know which other ons to replace. Furthermore my standart electronics dealer (in Germany) does not have any replacement for the c826 which was also one of the most common flaws. I will see if I can get that one elsewhere...

Cheers,

Canadan
                      I've seen several references indicating a white screen is often caused by a blown smd fuse on the LCD panel itself.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
                        I've seen several references indicating a white screen is often caused by a blown smd fuse on the LCD panel itself.

PlainBill
                        Yep, I second that. The 5v rail is not reaching the panel logic board. Look for a fuse near the input connector and see if it is blown.
                        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                        • GeForce GT1050
                          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hi,
                          I read that reference, to. But I thought that the respective fuse is pf 801 which I have tested and found to be OK. There is however a glass fuse near the power input. I'll check that one.

Comment

the fuse you are looking for is not on the 2 boards that are pictured earlier in thread, they are on the screen panel,usualy under a metal cover that usualy has 3 tiny screws to remove to get at it, its very small not much bigger than pinhead,

Comment

Ok, I found the culprit and the fuse you mentioned seems to be blown. I am now thinking of hotrwiring it due to the fact that I don#t have the tools to put in a new fuse that small.

Comment

Ok, I found the culprit and the fuse you mentioned seems to be blown. I am now thinking of hotrwiring it due to the fact that I don#t have the tools to put in a new fuse that small.
                                You don't have a soldering iron?

PlainBill

Comment

You don't have a soldering iron?

PlainBill

And Toasty criticized my 99c soldering iron.. at least I had one
                                  There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                  • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I do have a soldering Iron, but it is let's say quite one the brink of destruction... It was a fairly cheap one and I can't get replacement tips. To replace the transistors I had to use up quite an exxesive amount of sandpaper on it. But I will probably try to replace the fuse anyway.
                                    Last edited by canadan; 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I do have a soldering Iron, but it is let's say quite one the brink of destruction... It was a fairly cheap one and I can't get replacement tips. To replace the transistors I had to use up quite an exxesive amount of sandpaper on it. But I will probably try to replace the fuse anyway.
                                      First of all, get a decent soldering iron. You don't need a $200 (US, about $75 Canadian ) soldering station with digital temperature control, but you deserve one where you can at least replace the tips.

If there is sufficient clearance you don't even have to remove the old fuse, just solder the new on on top of it.

PlainBill

Comment

First of all, get a decent soldering iron. You don't need a $200 (US, about $75 Canadian ) soldering station with digital temperature control, but you deserve one where you can at least replace the tips.

If there is sufficient clearance you don't even have to remove the old fuse, just solder the new on on top of it.

PlainBill
                                        I started like him, but as things started to roll well, Toasty suggested something that's obvious but I needed that someone (him, in this case) told it to me to do it : get a decent Soldering Iron. As this was/is my main activity, I started with a cheap one because I didn't want to invest in something that maybe would not be uses so much. But now I changed the equipment because it is used and I will probably upgrade again soon. I understand his situation, and advice that he does the same as I : upgrade.
                                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Working...
                                        X