What do real rubycon yk look like ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do real rubycon yk look like ?

Hello everyone lately I have notice a very common issue that I have been coming across with rubycon yk series I ordered supposedly "genuine" from a few different sites to get the values I needed but all seem to be of the same quality and I don't feel that they are genuine. The print is ok but not rubycon standard and the bung isn't the usual rubycon type, they measure fine on the esr meter but I would like to know what you badcappers think as I don't want to use these until I can be sure of them.
    Also I have looked these up on-line and they all seem to be the same so I don't know what to think.
    Attached Files
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Re: What do real rubycon yk look like ?

Pretty sure they are fake... The bung should have a dot in the middle, and printing looks bad.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello thank you for the reply, I know that the bung looks fake but its the same on all rubycon yks ?
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Confirmed these are fake junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jooo View Post
          Pretty sure they are fake... The bung should have a dot in the middle, and printing looks bad.
          I have a bunch of YK's I had salvaged off an old plasma TV board long ago. The 16v capacitors I have definitely don't have that dot in the center of the bung but it otherwise matches. I do agree though.. the sleeve printing looks really shoddy in the fakes. The Y and K are spaced too close together and the F in uF is too tall as it's normally about 1/2 the height of the capacitance value.
          Last edited by chozo4; 10-29-2014, 04:35 AM.
          Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

Originally posted by chozo4 View Post
            I have a bunch of YK's I had salvaged off an old plasma TV board long ago. The 16v capacitors I have definitely don't have that dot in the center of the bung but it otherwise matches. I do agree though.. the sleeve printing looks really shoddy in the fakes.
            I Have confirmed that they are fake they capacitance is correct but esr is too high for that series, put them in the bad cap bag.

Comment

your in the U.K. you have no excuse not to get your ruby/pana/ncc caps from Farnell.

Comment

All "Rubycon" from China on eBay are fake.
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  your in the U.K. you have no excuse not to get your ruby/pana/ncc caps from Farnell.
                  I do use farnell but I can obtain genuine capacitors off ebay I only use supplyers like PCMCS BEHMOT when I do use ebay, but these specific caps I brought off ebay ages ago when I wasnt aware of fakes luckily I never used them !
                  Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 10-29-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                    True.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                      Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                      True.
                      Not all are but the chance of them being so are rather high. I ended up buying some Rubycon YXA 400v/6.8uf caps from there that were legit as I needed them in a hurry to fix an SMPS wall wart for my router I was bringing with me overseas. This was before I'd used mouser or newark however.
                      Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

Working...
                      X