This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello.
    I'm no electronics wizard and just tinker about, not had any training, or any job involving repairs or fault finding down to board level.
    My background is in the electronic security industry, alarms, CCTV ECT.
    I've always had an interest in how thing work and have attempted to repair circuit boards from different things over the years, with some success but mostly not.
    Latest project is trying to repair the psu from a Samsung TV; I have found a lot of useful information on this forum that has helped me.
    I have replaced a shorted rectifier and just ordered some new caps.
    If it still don't work ill be asking you clever lot for some help.

Dave

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello.
        I'm on this forum because I'm try to fix a Plasma TV.

Comment

Hello, My name is Reinis.
          And i am service technician in Riga, Latvia.
          I'm repairing - computers, mobile phones and tablets.

Comment

Hi! I'm an aspiring technician/programmer with interest in hardware/software alike. I started repairing my own stuff by disassembling and tinkering mostly and most recently I started my own business repairing electronics (mostly PC's/phones).

I'm interested in anything that has to do with electronics. my other passions are music (guitar & piano) & working out, because healthy body in healthy mind (Spanish saying )

Comment

Olá! Meu nome é Michael e sou apaixonado por eletrônica, mas estou caminhando neste mundo interessante. Tenho por hobby aprender muito sobre como as coisas funcionam, pois fascinam muita gente com as possibilidades.

Comment

Hello! My name is Michael and I'm passionate about electronics, but I'm walking in this interesting world. I have a hobby to learn a lot about how things work, because they fascinate a lot of people with the possibilities.

Comment

Well where do I start, bad caps forums have saved many headaches for me on quite a few things. I've been a ghost for a while and finally decided to sign up. So here I am.

I'm currently 22 and have worked on electronics with my dad for as long as I can remember. I believe I was 11 or so when I used my first soldering iron.

Simply and sort intro, but don't be afraid to ask if you have questions.

Comment

HELLO ,I'M A WELDER FABRICATOR AND I'M SO SORRY IF I DISTURB, BUT I lOOK EVERYWHERE AND I'M IN DESPERATE SITUATION . I BRING MY PHONE IN ASSISTANCE THEY OPEN MY PHONE ....THATS WHY I CAN'T GO DIRECTLY IN HTC; BUT STILL NO WORKING AND I NEED RECOVER MY DATA BECAUSE I USE THIS PHONE FOR WORKING .. I HAVE ALL CONTACT AND ALL PICTURE OF MY WORK THERE ; BUT I THINK THEY ARE NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL . MAY I ASK IF YOU HAVE A SCHEMATIC CIRCUIT OF HTC ONE M7 AND I'LL TRY TO SEE WHAT THEY BROKEN AND FIX. I ASK THIS AND DISTURB YOU BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND IT INSIDE ALL FORUM .MAYBE YOU HAVE WHAT I LOOK FOR, IF YOU HAVE I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE AND YOU WILL HELP A POOR WELDER FABRICATOR IN DESPERATE SITUATION . THANK YOU A LOT A HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME . KIND REGARDS SALVO

Comment

This is not a real presentation sorry but I'm really in bad situation a lost picture of my work and some costomers number sound like Help me ! So I'm a Welder Fabricator I work in uk but I like also this world and I look many time this forum and I can see they are a lot professional people here and I like when people share knowledge with one and other.I think this is the best way to have a beatiful world . I wish all the best to everyone

Comment

I'm not a bot.

I'm here trying to figure out why my RCA 42" LED TV all of a sudden wants me to walk across the room to adjust the volume, turn it on or off, etc. The side panel controls work but neither the TV remote or the remote control for my DishNetwork receiver do anything. I plan on perusing the threads and hopefully finding out information.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello, my name is Mark, and I look forward to learning from this august group. Write to you soon!

Comment

We are Electronics TV service shop in Edmonton city, AB. Canada with more than 30 years in experience and business. The main reason we would like to joint badcap forum are to share our experiences and service manuals.

Comment

Hello,

I am 40 something, my name is Ian , and I have worked around electronis in every form from development all the way to marketing and sales on and appreciate all the information shared here.

Comment

Hi to all people !!!

Comment

Hello All,

My name is Carl, 60-something years old. I spend most days developing software for point of sale systems.

I tinker with a couple of Raspberry Pi's and I'm keen to see what I can learn from, and add to, this forum.

Comment

I found helpful information here, including a service manual, for a Dynex 40" TV that allowed me to at least determine what the issue is with the set. I started repairing televisions in 1973 while studying electronics at a technical school. First year was vacuum tubes, second year was transistor technology. We really didn't have much in the way of ICs then. Learning that hobby gave me a way to get paid later on while going to college for my AS in Information Technology. I have spent most of my life since then (81) doing both hardware and software related work, from industrial control designs to network architecture to ERP systems and web sites.

Thanks for having a site like this. I have fixed many a thing by replacing capacitors. In fact, next to power transistors and rectifiers, probably the most common failure in electronic equipment.

Comment

Sitede bulunan bütün ustalarıma selam türkiye bursa orhangazi ilçesinde firma tekinkuş elektronik. elektronikle uzun yıllardır uğraşıyorum. 1979 dan 1989 kadar çıraklık ve ustalık dönemi geçti. 1989 dükkanımı açtım ve hala tv ve uydu sistemleri tamirini yapıyorum. sitede bulunan ustalarıma bol kazanç ve hayırlı işler diliyorum.

Comment

Hello guys, i am a repair tech out in the bay area

Comment

Hello everyone. I just decided to join the forum. I was given a faulty TV. an Agora AGR-P40LCD12 (the dreaded Vestel chassis). The power supply was tripping. I repaired it and now i'm looking for some user instructions.
                                          A bit about me... Almost 30 years ago I qualified as a radio, TV and video engineer but as the electronics service industry has all but died in the UK, I took up another career.
                                          For the last 20 years I have been an alarm and CCTV engineer but was recently made redundant. I still mess about with electronics to keep the old brain ticking over.
                                          December 2016 I gained my Amateur Radio license, so now I dabble around with that too.
                                          Hope to catch you all on here some time.
                                          73's from Banjax... (Ian) M6IFZ.

Comment

Working...
                                          X