This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I’m a retired IT Architect having spent over 40 years in the business. Like me, many of my old tech devices are starting to fail so I thought I’d do some research into how things work and possibly how to repair them. That research led me to this forum, so I thought I’d join and start learning.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hi

My name is Robert and I am a practising alcoholic, op's sorry wrong group.

I am based in the UK and have an issue with an XPC Shuttle SK21V10 which has started to develop this word sound, coming from the sound card.

How do I know it's from the sound card, well glad you asked. The noise is internal, either through speakers or headphones. unplug both of these and no sound can be heard.

I have switched off the onboard sound, added a PCI SB Live 64bit sound card and the music plays no issues, however, I lose the front panel, ie headphones etc.

So if anyone can shed some light on this so I can resolve it, that would be awesome.

It has been suggested that it could be the capacitors.

So my questions are as follows.

1) Could this be a capacitor issue
        2) How can I find which capacitor it is
        3) Where can I get a replacement
        4) How difficult are they to replace and what tools do I need.

Thanks

Comment

Hello, i'm new here. I'm William, 50 years young from the Netherlands. I have repaired electronics for almost 30 years.

Comment

Hello all.

Comment

Hello all,

I'm Fred 31 years old and joins this forum in help to repair my TV

Comment

Hello all,

I'm Robert and living in the Netherlands.
                51 years of age and love to play around with computers.
                In the last couple of years I have started repairing things more often and i'm now working on an MacBook Pro 2012 model.
                I hope via this forum and the help of the form i will get it to work again.

Comment

Hello, I am from Mexico and interested to perform component level repair.
                  I hope to learn more with you and also share how little or much I know.

Comment

Hi, I'm Adam and i'm new to repairing the components on boards, I used to be repair the dry solder joints on my LG 42PX11, had to do this 5 or 6 times before it finally died...now I have just bought a 4k LG and it's dying

Comment

Hello,

I'm Ray and have come across this site in pursuit of technical information on IBM/Lenovo laptops. I own everything from a 560, several 600-series systems, numerous T2x laptops, a whole gamut of X series (X22 to X301), and a couple of W520 systems. I'm currently one of the site admins at forum.thinkpads.com and have been posting there since 2006.
                      Ray Kawakami
                      X22 X24 X31 X41 X41T X60 X60s X61 X61s X200 X200s X300 X301 Z60m Z61t Z61p 560 560Z 600 600E 600X T21 T22 T23 T41 T60p T410 T420 T520 W500 W520 R50 A21p A22p A31 A31p

Comment

Hi everyone,

Looking for some information on a Panasonic plasma brought me here. Glad I found the forum and looking forward to participating. I have several pieces of vintage gear I want to get up and running and I have some time on my hands to do it.

Thanks,

s

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Glad to join the DIY (not DUI) team and share with you all.

I work mainly on PC motherboard and LCD screens for now.

I look forward sharing with you all!

Cheer!

Comment

im francis joseph capili duag...
                            from baliuag bulacan...
                            iam a technician specially for cellphone but iam gruated comtech...thank you so much for this furom....
                            godbless to all.....

Comment

Hello. Dave L. here. I'm a network engineer not a electrical engineer but I'm attempting to fix my son's broken Vizio E420i-A0. Hopefully it will be just a matter of replacing the power board or the main board.
                              Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am a new member, and admittedly, not a "forum junkie", but I try to educated myself of things I know little or nothing about. I went to this thread because you asked me to in my welcome email, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I have a problem with my plasma TV that I was seeking forum help for, but the welcome message said that new members were not permitted to start new threads, so I'm wondering where to go from here.
                                Last edited by The Flash; 11-10-2017, 01:35 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Hi everyone and greetings from Finland! I'm a poor technician in machinig industry and forced to fight against bad caps to get my job done

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Jose Alfredo and I am from Brazil. I have found Badcaps community in a Google search a DELL 2408WFPB lcd repair.
                                    Decided to join the forum because as ost reliable the tips the faster the repair.

Glad to be joining you.

Comment

new here because i want to fix my element 40 in tv

Comment

Hello!

My name is david, and i am interesting in electronics seam child, now i have a little repair shop in france for fix cellphone, computer, laptop... but i need to learn all day so this forum is veru usefull for me :p

Comment

Hello. I am fascinated with the challenge of fixing things. Especially things with schematics. When I was a younger lad, I did board level repairs before getting into software development. Now I am tinkering with some Monitors that no longer work and having fun learning new stuff. Here is the challenge I am working on now...
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X