This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnee8Toes - Texas - retired Engineer - Northrupp

Test Engineer 20 years. In management so long I forgot about discrete components. Bored - want to dabble in antique radios and flat screens tvs
    as hobby not for $. Have Vizio E4552VLE and 2 Superhet radios on bench.
    Eager to interact with forum about cap failure & cap tolerances under test.
    I have ESR and complement of electronic tooling.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi!
      this is hosein
      im repairing laptop

Comment

Hello everyone. Now I am heating my soldering tools.

Comment

Hi all! I'm Sergey from Russia.

Comment

Hi guys!

I am Peter from Slovakia.
            Even I spent 4+5y on high school and university I think I have learned a lot from video channels and forums.

Note:
            The professionals cooperate and share knowledge.
            The Amateurs fight each other.

Comment

Hi - I'm VV5. Electronics is my hobby. Hope to learn some things on here.

Comment

Hi folks! First post.

I came over here from Vogons. I think some of us old timers who love our classic computers are reaching a point where they may need some TLC, so I was recommended to ask my questions here.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Vitor and I'm from Brazil. I'm kind of noob in eletronics when it comes to new technology hardware but I've gain some knowledge on retro stuff reparing old consoles and some CRT tv.

At first I'll start asking questions but I hope in no time to start posting answers and helping people out too.

Comment

Hello all,

I'm a student of electrical engineering who repairs broken electronics!!

Comment

Great Forms

Comment

Greetings everyone. Came here after my LG 55LM7600-ua tv started showing horizontal lines on the left side of the screen. Hoping to find out that it isn't the screen itself and something less major. Thanks for everyone in the forum that helps out on people's threads!

Comment

hello

Comment

hi im also new here thanks for badcaps furom

Comment

Hi, my name is Dave. I'm here to find info on repairing a Sharp Aquios TV. I am retired after working 34 years in radar & computers for a defense contractor.

Comment

Hi, Moonshadow1 here, I am 70, and retired now.
                                I was an electician in a Coalmine until the age of 22, then went to work as a service engineer for Rank Xerox /Xerox for the next 38 years.

I worked on all sorts of Photo copiers and Fax machines and then went onto Laser imaging systems in 1984 working on the Xerox 9700 systems which were driven by a DEC PDP11-34, the tape drives were by STC and the disc drives were by Control Data Corp.

The first computer I ever had was a Sinclair ZX81.

Thanks for allowing me to join.

Comment

Hi, Franktek here. As a new member, I hope to gain some knowledge from others here, and to share some of my own. I have a lifetime of experience repairing, servicing and installing many types of electronic equipment and computer hardware.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi, I am new to badcaps. Found this while doing some research for a Toshiba tv problem. I a retired and not too knowledgeable when it comes to electronics but I enjoy tinkering and fixing things. Thanks to all that contribute to this forum.

Comment

I stumbled upon this site while looking up common problems with lcd/led tv's.I'm fairly handy with electronics so figured I'd get myself a bigger tv on the cheap.

Comment

Hello! My name is Jordi, so you can call me as you want, ny my name or my nick. I'm an apassionated of hardware, the software part just gets me bored, even ill, so i prefer to stick with my hands getting dirty :P

I came here looking for help about an Intel motherboard (Wait, i think i've forgot to post it? Hahaha) and liked a lot what i've seen, so i joined you.

In the real, i'm automotive mechanic (Dirty hands!) but due to health issues, i can't work of that, so now i'm looking to have a work as 'computer mechanic' and that's why i spent 3 nights without sleep :B Keep in mind that i'm linking this since i have around 8 years so, 10 years later...why not?
                                        Yup, i'm 18yr old, Spanish, retired mechanic? Nonsense but nevermind, now i'm looking to work at what I really want to work. Even with the overnight work.

Nice to join BadCaps!!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Joined this forum a month back to look for information to fix my problematic Sony KDL-40HX800.

Im an IT Engineer who lives in Australia and have a fair amount of experience pulling things apart, RTFMing and fixing the buggers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X