Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer Aspire ES1-432 Power On & Charging Ok, No display, No Acer Logo, Fan not Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire ES1-432 Power On & Charging Ok, No display, No Acer Logo, Fan not Spin

Hi everyone I need help to diagnose this unit.
    See attachments for detailed test result.
    Fyi this is my very first post thread.

TIA
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Aspire ES1-432 Power On & Charging Ok, No display, No Acer Logo, Fan not Spi

What about Caps lock reaction ?? Or Num Lock ?? Have You tried reflash the BIOS ? ?

Comment

Re: Acer Aspire ES1-432 Power On & Charging Ok, No display, No Acer Logo, Fan not Spi

Hi @matusig thanks for your response.
      Caps Lock & Num Lock no response, BIOS already reflashed with new one same s0 power status table test result.

Comment

Please write your message as plain text in the post, not as an attached image. It's much easier to read (especially for visually impaired people) and it helps search engine indexing.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

So after pressing the power button ... the system is On without Post, no Video, Fan not spinning ... what about the CPU is not heating uP ?
          Also I had quick look into the schematic ... You know that U got two BIOS Chip ,, have U flashed both of them ?
          Another thing ... this board is using DDR3L ,, meaning it wont take 1.5V RAM ...

HDMI, VGA output any luck ??
          Last edited by matusiq; 01-23-2021, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Hi @piernov sorry for that I'll do it next time but the reason I did that is to organize the data I've gathered, it's readable when it is zoomed in though. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Originally posted by matusiq View Post
              So after pressing the power button ... the system is On without Post, no Video, Fan not spinning ... what about the CPU is not heating uP ?
              Yes to all except the CPU is getting heat.

Comment

Is 0.7ohms value from +VCC_VCCGI resistance to Ground is normal?

Comment

So You left the laptop oN for 30 minutes with CPU heating up and no FAN ?

With resistance I will not help You ... Yet I dont understand that topic .. sorry. But I know that it should be low as CPU got low resistance ... but I dont know what is the acceptable number.
                  Last edited by matusiq; 01-23-2021, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Also I had quick look into the schematic ... You know that U got two BIOS Chip ,, have U flashed both of them ?
                    Another thing ... this board is using DDR3L ,, meaning it wont take 1.5V RAM ...

HDMI, VGA output any luck ??
                    I just only reflash the Main BIOS which is U23 on schematic not the other one because I don't know what is the other one for.
                    I don't know what do you mean about DDR3L? The RAM is not on-board though.
                    VGA output not exist on this unit, HDMI output no signal.
                    Last edited by Nievatronix2021; 01-23-2021, 05:41 AM.

Comment

So You left the laptop oN for 30 minutes with CPU heating up and no FAN ?
                      Yes.

Comment

DDR3Low voltage ram ... Ram stick for example 4GB 1Rx8 "PC3L" If You put normal ram PC3 that is 1.5Voltages instead DDR3Low are 1.35 it wont boot.

Oher BIOS is for startup chip ... superIO

When flashing always make backup of Original files

Comment

Originally posted by Nievatronix2021 View Post
                          Yes.
                          That is not good ... I am not sure If the CPU is not fried.

Comment

DDR3Low voltage ram ... Ram stick for example 4GB 1Rx8 "PC3L" If You put normal ram PC3 that is 1.5Voltages instead DDR3Low are 1.35 it wont boot.

Other BIOS is for startup chip ... superIO

When flashing always make backup of Original files
                            I check the RAM label & it is DDR3L 1600 CL11 1.35v. Thanks @matusig about the DDR3L I learn something.

I heard about EC BIOS is that the second chip does?

Comment

I stressed test the MAIN BIOS Chip to see if it's still good, I do read/erase/write/verify multiple times without getting any errors.
                              Last edited by Nievatronix2021; 01-23-2021, 06:03 AM.

Comment

That is not good ... I am not sure If the CPU is not fried.
                                That's what bothers me because it's on-board I don't have proper equipment as of now to remove & replace it.
                                Last edited by Nievatronix2021; 01-23-2021, 06:21 AM.

Comment

EC Bios for SuperIO ... aka Start Up Chip. Sometimes this could cause laptop to not to post.

Next time when the fan cooler is not working ... just touch the heatsink If it is hot then You need to somehow start up the cooler... I am not 100% saying that the CPU is dead ... but 30 minutes without proper cooling... who knows.

Comment

EC Bios for SuperIO ... aka Start Up Chip. Sometimes this could cause laptop to not to post.

Next time when the fan cooler is not working ... just touch the heatsink If it is hot then You need to somehow start up the cooler... I am not 100% saying that the CPU is dead ... but 30 minutes without proper cooling... who knows.
                                    EC BIOS reflashed same result.

I tested the unit for 30mins with fan (not responding) & heatsink.

My interest is at +VCC_VCCGI power plane doesn't look good to me. I hope someone can provide about it's nominal resistance value.
                                    Last edited by Nievatronix2021; 01-23-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Problem solved it's a dead processor. I bought 2ndhand board online & the readings shouldn't be shorted to ground.
                                      Last edited by Nievatronix2021; 03-17-2021, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                      X