Lenovo ideapad 100-15iby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo ideapad 100-15iby

Hello, I have a lenovo idea pad 100-15iby with aivp1 / aivp2 la-c771p board that when I connect the charger, the battery charging led lights up and when I turn on the power led also lights up, examining the board I do not see nothing abnormal, in the bios I get 1.8v from what I see in the scheme it feeds from 1.8v, the EC gets 3.2v the ic heats up but very little it is hardly noticeable, this model does not have a fan, which if I notice is that the hard disk is not powered, because it does not spin.
    Regarding the source, I always have the 5v because PL304 gives them to me and the 3.3v of PL302 as well, some sources I measure and I have no continuity except for the micro that is integrated.
    I'll give you a photo of the board and tell you something quite strange that happens to me in pu1 that I see that it is powered, for example pin 1 and 4 has 20v but if I measure the source next to it I pass you measurements, the voltage of 158 is in off in on It goes to 169v but on the other hand it continues 11.3v. In the photo I put measurements too. As it is a laptop with a scheme a little different from the others, and also that I still can't interpret the schemes I would like you to give me a cable.
    As a last test I have reprogrammed bios with the same result.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmqjExL54WT-hBsg...IsHF-?e=gvJcJP
    Last edited by diegito11; 01-22-2021, 12:16 PM. Reason: photo

Re: Lenovo ideapad 100-15iby turn on and do nothing

Originally posted by diegito11 View Post
    Hello, I have a lenovo idea pad 100-15iby with aivp1 / aivp2 la-c771p board that when I connect the charger, the battery charging led lights up and when I turn on the power led also lights up, examining the board I do not see nothing abnormal, in the bios I get 1.8v from what I see in the scheme it feeds from 1.8v, the EC gets 3.2v the ic heats up but very little it is hardly noticeable, this model does not have a fan, which if I notice is that the hard disk is not powered, because it does not spin.
    Regarding the source, I always have the 5v because PL304 gives them to me and the 3.3v of PL302 as well, some sources I measure and I have no continuity except for the micro that is integrated.
    I'll give you a photo of the board and tell you something quite strange that happens to me in pu1 that I see that it is powered, for example pin 1 and 4 has 20v but if I measure the source next to it I pass you measurements, the voltage of 158 is in off in on It goes to 169v but on the other hand it continues 11.3v. In the photo I put measurements too. As it is a laptop with a scheme a little different from the others, and also that I still can't interpret the schemes I would like you to give me a cable.
    As a last test I have reprogrammed bios with the same result.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmqjExL54WT-hBsg...IsHF-?e=gvJcJP
    I would appreciate some help please

Comment

Re: Lenovo ideapad 100-15iby

I never have Seen measurements Like this and I believe Something Is wrong with your Multimeter/probes or the measurement itself is wrong.
      Double-check with another Multimeter and Tell us exactly in which way you are measuring (Red Probe where?, black Probe where?, Multimeter Setting (Photo!), and so on)
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
        I never have Seen measurements Like this and I believe Something Is wrong with your Multimeter/probes or the measurement itself is wrong.
        Double-check with another Multimeter and Tell us exactly in which way you are measuring (Red Probe where?, black Probe where?, Multimeter Setting (Photo!), and so on)
        Thank you Sephir0th for answering me, it seems strange to me too but I have checked by measuring a power supply a vote and the digital multimeter marks the source.
        Well, I have measured it again and now it does not and I have more or less the same measurements in all the sources except for the source attached to PU1 that now measures 0.21v on both sides.
        At the source it gives me a consumption of 0.13A.
        And regarding how I have the tips because the black one to a mass of the plate and the red one is the component I measure.
        I pass you the new measurements.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmqjExL54WT-hBzE...zCCSU?e=uPbieV

Comment

Measurements of Battery(?) And 3.3V Coil are still looking Strange, but can be ok. The actual issue is nothing Happens, except Power LED Goes on when you Press the Power Button? Do you have Schematics?

I'm pretty Sure there are more coils on the other Side to measure. If Yes, measure it before and after Power Button pressed.
          FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Measurements of Battery(?) And 3.3V Coil are still looking Strange, but can be ok. The actual issue is nothing Happens, except Power LED Goes on when you Press the Power Button? Do you have Schematics?

I'm pretty Sure there are more coils on the other Side to measure. If Yes, measure it before and after Power Button pressed.
            I pass you the scheme
            https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmqjExL54WT-hB1Y...EFFf9?e=nIXLzq
            I have found two coils, they are different as encapsulated, but because of the "PL" they have to be "I point them out to you but I don't see legs to measure so I'm measuring the capacitors next to it, I point them out in the photo.
            I pass the photo of the plaque on the back
            https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmqjExL54WT-hCF2...Gf10Q?e=zGkjJs
            I put another photo with the measurements of some parts, the PL403 source corresponds to page 30 of the diagram; the other source belongs to page 27 to line B +
            I pass measurements in the photo.
            https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmqjExL54WT-hCNl...BnB55?e=kh4pXL

Comment

I believe there is Something wrong in the Charging Circuit, but it seems that it doesn't prevents the Board to Work basically. Are The measurements identical on PL201 with battery plugged/removed? Did you Tried to start the Laptop with battery removed?

There is a Power sequence in the Schematics, which is Very nice to have. I don't See Something obvious Missing, so it still could be a BIOS issue. But you can try to Follow the sequence on Page 4 and Check which/If Signal is Missing.

"The actual issue is nothing Happens, except Power LED Goes on when you Press the Power Button?" Hits that? And additionally is the SOC getting warm or hot? No Picture, No Backlight? Please answer the Question.
              Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-24-2021, 07:07 AM.
              FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

I believe there is Something wrong in the Charging Circuit, but it seems that it doesn't prevents the Board to Work basically. Are The measurements identical on PL201 with battery plugged/removed? Did you Tried to start the Laptop with battery removed?

There is a Power sequence in the Schematics, which is Very nice to have. I don't See Something obvious Missing, so it still could be a BIOS issue. But you can try to Follow the sequence on Page 4 and Check which/If Signal is Missing.

"The actual issue is nothing Happens, except Power LED Goes on when you Press the Power Button?" Hits that? And additionally is the SOC getting warm or hot? No Picture, No Backlight? Please answer the Question.
                Well now that you tell me, I have discovered that the measurements that you can in the first photo that you said were wrong happens when the battery is connected, but when the battery is disconnected, the second photo happens, I comment that when I received the laptop When I plugged it in, it started flashing orange LED but after a while it stayed in blue so I deduce that the battery was exhausted and it has recharged, I check that with the battery disconnected in pl201 it gives me 00.01 on both sides by pressing the button The ignition is still the same and now I do the test with the battery connected without giving the power button and I have 11.2v and changing values between -176 to - 169v, when pressing the power button it gives me exactly the same.
                The battery works because if I disconnect the current, the led keeps on and also tell you that with the battery if the processor heats up although a little.
                Regarding the sequence on page 4, I still do not respond well to the diagrams and interpret them, with regard to the bios and reprogrammed it but without any result all this happens without background light, without image and I see that the power switch is good.

Comment

Does the SOC get warm or hot? BIOS File from where?

Okay, let us troubleshoot the Charging circuit. Check Voltage on PU1 Pin 5 with Battery/battery removed. Remove all Power and Check Continuity of PL201 beetween both Pads (it is still weird that you have different voltages on both Pads). Also Check PQ204 & PQ205 in Diode Mode (D-S,D-G,S-G) and Share the values.
                  Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-24-2021, 09:02 AM.
                  FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Between drain and source red point in source .581 ohm opposite infinity.
                    Between drain and gate 1770 ohm red tip in gate, on the contrary infinite.
                    Between source and gate .350ohm red tip in source, if I put it in gate it would be .961 ohm
                    As for continuity, I don't have it between source, gate, or drain.

PQ205 in 2k scale

Between drain and source red point in source .609 ohm opposite infinity.
                    Between drain and gate 1.850 ohm red tip in gate, on the contrary infinite.
                    Between source and gate .352ohm red tip in source, if I put it in gate it would be 1.078 ohm
                    As for continuity, I don't have it between source, gate, or drain.

Comment

Voltage PU1 Pin5 and Continuity Check of PL201 beetween both Pads Missing, also Check PL201 for Ohms to ground with 200er Range please, If possible
                      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Sorry, how I translate the messages, part of it was not copied.
                        Well, leg 5 of pu1 gives me 0v, 4 if it gives 20v but 5 0v with battery removed,
                        Regarding the continuity of pl201 I have it, and I have bought it if they have continuity to ground and I do not have it,

Comment

Between pads on a scale of 200 it gives me 00.4 and with respect to mass it gives me infinity.

Comment

OK, this is Very interesting. I don't Understand why do you have Voltage all other the Board while ACOK is Missing...

Maybe one of the DC-IN Mosfets is shorted beetween Source and Drain. So Please Check voltages of Source, Drain and Gate at PQ201 & PQ202 and in Diode Mode (D-S,D-G,S-G). Maybe we have to inspect PU1 in Detail after.
                            Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-24-2021, 10:01 AM.
                            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

PQ201 PQ202
                              source 20v 20v
                              gate 25.5v 25.5v
                              drenador 20v 20v
                              no ignition

Pq201
                              Between the drain and the source, the red dot on the source is .577 ohms opposite infinity.
                              Between the drain and the gate infinite red tip on the gate, on the contrary infinite.
                              Between source and gate .697 ohm red tip on source, if I put it at gate it would be infinity
                              As for continuity, I don't have it between source, gate, or drain

Pq202

Between the drain and the source, the red point on the source is .579 ohms opposite infinity.
                              Between the drain and the door infinite red tip on the gate, on the contrary infinite.
                              Between source and gate .690 ohm red tip on source, if I place it at gate it would be infinity
                              As for continuity, I don't have it between source, gate, or drain

Comment

OK, what do we know...

Maybe we have two problems, the one with the Charging circuit. But DC-IN Mosfets and Battery-Charging Mosfets seems to be fine. No obviously short found at this Point.

Now PU1 (Please correct me, If i summarized Something wrong)

ACN: 20V
                                ACP: 20V
                                CSMRC: 20V
                                ACDRV: 25.5V
                                ACOK:0V
                                BATSRC: Around 0V
                                SRN: Around 0V
                                SRP: Around 0V

Please Check Voltage at PU1 Pin 5 (double-check), 6, 18, 23, 24, 26

On the other Side, the Laptop is starting, all Rails seems to be present, but we get No Backlight and No Display. i still don't know, whether the SOC is getting warm/hot and where your BIOS is from.
                                Is the Capslock LED responding when you Connect external Keyboard?
                                Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-24-2021, 11:55 AM.
                                FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

I pass PU1 measurements with the laptop on.
                                  pin 1,2,3 20v
                                  pin 4 25.5v
                                  pin 5 3.1v
                                  pin 6 2.5v
                                  pin 7,8 and 9 0v
                                  pin10 00.9v
                                  pin 11 and 12 3.1v
                                  pin 13,14,15 and 16 0v
                                  pin 17,18,19,20 00.02v
                                  pin 21 00.6 v
                                  pin 22.23 0v
                                  pin 24 6v
                                  pin 25 5.6v
                                  pin 26 00.2v
                                  pin 27 0v
                                  pin 28 19.9v
                                  In previous message acok media 0k, now it does not measure 3.1v, surely with the battery on it would measure 0v.
                                  The integrated chip heats up, it never burns the finger, I suppose that this type of plate does not heat too much because this model does not have a fan, only a heatsink. I uploaded the bios from this forum, because the one I find on the website gives me an executable and with the unestractor program I can't get the bin file out.
                                  Regarding connecting a keyboard it had not occurred to me and I have put one on it and if the light turns on and it turns off when I press it.

Comment

Let us put the part with the charging circuit aside for the moment.

Your BIOS is fine, because Responding Caps-Lock LED means, your Board is actually posting! Have you ever tried to get picture on external Display (remove all power and unplug internal display cable first)?
                                    Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-24-2021, 02:47 PM.
                                    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

I have already got the bios from the official page by its serial number and I have managed to get the rom, I just had to update universal extractor, one unzipped I have taken the first version of bios but it does nothing to me,
                                      I think something is leaking because the hard drive is not spinning, it is not carrying current, something should go wrong.
                                      I have followed the sata connections of the board and I have reached an IC called UQ1 that was sulphated, I have cleaned it something but I don't know if it works well, in pj3 I have 5v but in pj4 0v how to know if the ic is working correctly? which legs to measure?

Comment

Hm, did you read what i wrote? I Understand it right, that the Laptop responds If you Press the CapsLock Key, correct? The issues with Charging and Hard Disk can wait.

What Happened to this Laptop? Is there any History?
                                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                        X