Lg oled65e6p-u.buswljr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg oled65e6p-u.buswljr

Have not worked on the OLED tv's. Got a LG OLED65E6P-U.BUSWLJR that will not power on. When I first diagnose it, there where a couple of red led's on the main board that would come on and I also heard a clicking sound on the power supply. No picture or sound. I also checked voltages at the connectors on power supply getting the 3, 12 and 24 volts. At that time I turned the TV off and disconnected the 4 ribbon cables connecting the T-Con board to the panel to take panel out of play. Since I did that, I now have no voltages at the connectors on the power supply board nor the red led's on the main board whether the ribbon cables are connected to the panel or not. I've disconnected the T-Con boards from the panels on different TV's before without problems. With this all being said, what is your opinion of the problem I have with this TV. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Randy

Re: Lg oled65e6p-u.buswljr

Originally posted by rplewis View Post
    Have not worked on the OLED tv's. Got a LG OLED65E6P-U.BUSWLJR that will not power on. When I first diagnose it, there where a couple of red led's on the main board that would come on and I also heard a clicking sound on the power supply. No picture or sound. I also checked voltages at the connectors on power supply getting the 3, 12 and 24 volts. At that time I turned the TV off and disconnected the 4 ribbon cables connecting the T-Con board to the panel to take panel out of play. Since I did that, I now have no voltages at the connectors on the power supply board nor the red led's on the main board whether the ribbon cables are connected to the panel or not. I've disconnected the T-Con boards from the panels on different TV's before without problems. With this all being said, what is your opinion of the problem I have with this TV. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Randy
    you will find allot in this forum about OLED from LG how to test and where to test,
    OLED will never tested by disconnecting ribbon cable between T-CON driver boards and panel. because the panel are parts of the circuit.

the second parts, after you disconnected the ribbon and put them back later.. they may got damage ( the end silver pins ) easily got cut or shorted.. so start to inspect them and fit them if they where OK.

beside the 12 & 24 V going from power boards to Main boards... you have another socket on power boards which it feeds 24V to the T-CON driver boards ( you need to check if there 24V.

also the main boards feed the T-CON driver boards 12V via (2 LVDS)this 12V goes to Fuse F1 , need to check if there 12V on both side of the T-CON F1

if you have all voltage and you brought the set at state as you first time turn it on.... post photos on whole back of the set to see what kind of boards you have... for further test..

but the first state you wrote it seem the set at protection mode ... we can take it out from this state if you bring it back to this state.

Comment

Diah, Thank you for your reply. I've got to get the TV back on the table so I can check things out. Once I do that I will let you know. Hopefully this weekend when I can get some help.

Comment

Got TV back on the bench and done some testing. Only voltage I have is the 3.5 volts on the power board. Push the power switch on TV and also on the remote and the TV will not turn on. It sounds as thought the main board is not telling the power board to power up. I haven't seen F1 but did find F100, 101 and 102 on the power board and they are all fine. All boards and connectors are connected properly. Not sure where to go next. I have found replacement power board and main board but not T-Con. Just don't want to throw boards at it if possible. Have any ideas where to go now? Thanks, Randy
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rplewis; 01-22-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

please upload focused high resolution photos on whole the backs and others for power board and the T-con

Comment

Just added the photos. Thanks

Comment

Just added the photos. Thanks
              okay,
              however i cant read the labels on the power boards sockets, but you should have one sockets go from power boards to T-CON which it feeds only 24V .. this socket disconnect it from T-con side... turn on the tv. give time to let it boot... just keep your eyes on the audio optical out put socket if the led indicator turn red and remain red ( this mean the tv working )
              Last edited by Diah; 01-22-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Hey Diah.. Found the T-Con board. You think I should order all three boards or could it be the panel? Hate to just replace boards without diagnosing the problem, but only found one T-Con board. I just don't know why the power supply quit giving the voltage output once I unhooked the ribbon cables from the T-Con board to the panel.

Comment

Attached is a closeup of power supply. Unplugged the 24 volt cable going to T-Con board. TV would not come on. Only have the red led on the front. Also only have the 3.5 volts on the PS socket.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey Diah.. Found the T-Con board. You think I should order all three boards or could it be the panel? Hate to just replace boards without diagnosing the problem, but only found one T-Con board. I just don't know why the power supply quit giving the voltage output once I unhooked the ribbon cables from the T-Con board to the panel.
                    1- you need first to test the power boards as stand alone to see if it work.
                    a- disconnect ( all 3 sockets )the main boards socket from power boards & the other sockets which they go to the T-CON
                    b- disconnect the 2 LVDS cable between main boards and T-CON ( unplug them from T-CON side )

2- on the sockets of power boards which it goes to main boards.. make bridge between
                    a- 3.5V & PWR-ON ( you should have 12V & 24V on the same socket )
                    b- 3.5V & DRV-ON ( you should have 12V on T-con socket & 24V on the other T-CON socket)

if you confirmed you have 12V and 24V on the sockets which they goes to T-CON then connect them back to the T-CON ( remember main boards should remain out from the circuit ) and turn on the set... let see what yours panel will display color pattern

Comment

Just made the jumpers from 3.5V & PWR-ON and 3.5V & DRV-ON. I do have 12V & 24V on the same socket and have 24V on the T-CON socket, but do not have the 12V on other T-con socket.
                      I thought I had all voltages when I tested it before I disconnected the panel cables from the very beginning of diagnosing this TV a couple of weeks ago.
                      I didn't connect the sockets back up to the T-con board and turn TV on. Wasn't sure if I should, being I didn't have the 12 volts.

Comment

Just made the jumpers from 3.5V & PWR-ON and 3.5V & DRV-ON. I do have 12V & 24V on the same socket and have 24V on the T-CON socket, but do not have the 12V on other T-con socket.
                        I thought I had all voltages when I tested it before I disconnected the panel cables from the very beginning of diagnosing this TV a couple of weeks ago.
                        I didn't connect the sockets back up to the T-con board and turn TV on. Wasn't sure if I should, being I didn't have the 12 volts.
                        so we do know no T-con 12V on power boards..
                        you have on the power boards 3 fuses at the hot area 2 am sure now okay.. but the one which go to 12V t-con it may be open now. so check all fuses

Comment

sorry my above post had wrong .... the t-con 24V and T-con 12v are working at same time... so i am not sure.. you may have error at measurements

BTW yours first bridge should be in place when you do the other
                          Last edited by Diah; 01-23-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

All 3 fuses are good

Comment

All 3 fuses are good
                              yours first bridge should be in place when you do the other

Comment

yes.. both bridges are in place

Comment

yes.. both bridges are in place
                                  take out the power boards out side the set and inspect the down side soldering on socket or on the big transformer... it sounds you have open joint soldering

Comment

Not seeing any problems on either side of power board.

Comment

Not seeing any problems on either side of power board.
                                      follow the line back on the 12V T-con socket until the SMPS . need to test then if they are OPEN

post please close photo on the socket 12V from down side and the top

Comment

Attached are closeup photos. Not getting any voltages to socket
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X