HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit

HI everyone - im trying to change the model from a 840g3 - it was accidently changed to zbook g3 - I tried the 2.10-2.13 utility under windows. Nothing worked - tried different SMC.BIN files at the root always showing command unsuccesfully. Date from SMC msg is 00/00/0000 - 0043/255/255 - DOS doesnt work either - telling me to run the utility for Windows.
    So I need to unlock the MPM - any clue, hints or workaround?
    Any advice is much appreciated

Comment

I have replaced my motherboard and reprogrammed the UUID, serial (except the feature byte and build Id).
      The problem is that during boot it says :
      "Warning Machine is not in committed state"
      When I open the DMI firmware tool it says MPM is not in unlocked mode and the "Commit only" button on the bottom is greyed out.
      The other problem I have is I checked the Vpro status and it states it was set but it complained it was unsupported and my sticker says Vpro. I cannot reprogram it to supported because it says it was once already set.
      Where can I find the feature byte and build Id how can I unlock MPM? I read SMC.bin has to be generated based on the UUID and the SN
      Last edited by startergo; 07-27-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by startergo View Post
        I have replaced my motherboard and reprogrammed the UUID, serial (except the feature byte and build Id).
        The problem is that during boot it says :
        "Warning Machine is not in committed state"
        When I open the DMI firmware tool it says MPM is not in unlocked mode and the "Commit only" button on the bottom is greyed out.
        The other problem I have is I checked the Vpro status and it set it was said but it complained it was unsupported and my sticker says Vpro. I cannot reprogram it to supported because it says it was once already set.
        Where can I find the feature byte and build Id how can I unlock MPM? I read SMC.bin has to be generated based on the UUID and the SN
        What model you want unlock MPM..?

Comment

Folio 9480m.
          Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
            What model you want unlock MPM..?
            Do you need more info like UUID and the s/n?

Comment

Originally posted by startergo View Post
              Do you need more info like UUID and the s/n?
              You want smc.bin file?Sorry if you want unlock Mpm i need bios dump

Comment

Is there a way to dump the bios in Windows or Linux on HP9480m? I tried under OSX with the flashrom but it came with some errors. I used the starting region found by the flashrom FF000000 and the end region as FFFFFFFFF in RWeverything. The dumped bios is 16,384KB but apparently it is not a good image. There are no passwords in the bios (except the default "admin" in the ME). Has anybody tried: chipsec_util.main(['spi', 'dump', 'rom.bin'])
                using chipsec?
                Last edited by startergo; 07-28-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

HP DMI TOOL NBDMIFIT FOR HP ENVY X360 15-U437cl

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I have an EliteBook 8460P. The system board needed to be replaced so I purchased a used one. I would like to put in my old serial number, Product number, UUID. I am looking for a step by step procedure if anyone has one. I just cannot seem to reprogram this systemboard. Any help or starting place would be great! Just to add I do not yet have an OS on this laptop. I am planning on putting Windows 10 on it, but I replaced the Hard drive as well. Any of the tools I've used so far give me a "Failed to write SKU number" Failed to write model name" "Press any key to continue..." I'm at a loss.
                      Last edited by rclksr; 09-18-2019, 08:36 AM. Reason: Add more information

Comment

Originally posted by rclksr View Post
                        I have an EliteBook 8460P. The system board needed to be replaced so I purchased a used one. I would like to put in my old serial number, Product number, UUID. I am looking for a step by step procedure if anyone has one. I just cannot seem to reprogram this systemboard. Any help or starting place would be great! Just to add I do not yet have an OS on this laptop. I am planning on putting Windows 10 on it, but I replaced the Hard drive as well. Any of the tools I've used so far give me a "Failed to write SKU number" Failed to write model name" "Press any key to continue..." I'm at a loss.
                        You need to save bios dump if you have programmer post here i will send you file you can own add serial number any info.....

Comment

What version of DMI Tool are you using?

Comment

"save bios dump" I'm not sure what you are referring to. Please explain

Comment

As for the version of DMI Tool, I started with NbDmiFit_2.13.zip. I then tried
                              NbDmiFit_2.09.zip since I seen on another forum that this was what he used for his 8460P.

Comment

I hope this is the BIOS dump you are referring to. I loaded Windows to run the universal bios toolkit. Thanks for your help
                                Attached Files

Comment

I hope this is the BIOS dump you are referring to. I loaded Windows to run the universal bios toolkit. Thanks for your help
                                  Thats not the full bios, and bios requests should go into the "Bios Requests" sub forum.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thanks Sir,
                                    MPM work well in Probook 6470b

Comment

im having issues with hp 450 g4 mpm (see pic)

ive tried a few dmifit programs but cant find the one that works on this model

does anyone have the version for 450 g4 ?

thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 65c102 View Post
                                        im having issues with hp 450 g4 mpm (see pic)

ive tried a few dmifit programs but cant find the one that works on this model

does anyone have the version for 450 g4 ?

thanks
                                        Q:How to come this error?If program new bios file then come use original update bios he recover auto your dmi info.
                                        Or you want any dmi then send me bios file if you read i try add all info

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                          Q:How to come this error?If program new bios file then come use original update bios he recover auto your dmi info.
                                          Or you want any dmi then send me bios file if you read i try add all info
                                          this machine originally had bios password, I reflashed a new bios and everything was ok but after a few months I get this error ?

I will install windows and try the hp bios update

thanks, I will let you know how things go. Thanks for your offer to fix the bios dump (I might need it)

back soon

Comment

Working...
                                          X