Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSD Menu appears on own, LG Flatron W2361v

Hi guys,

So I have an LG Flatron W2361v outside of warranty, and the darn menu just pops up on-screen as it pleases, and stays put until it pleases. Pressing the button on the side does affect the menu, but sometimes it will just pop right back up.

I've also noticed that the buttons no longer function in the way that they should... Every button does the same thing, except for one which will temporarily black the screen... I think that's the Auto/set function, but it's not the Auto/set button that performs it!

I tried opening it up and disconnecting the menu and power PCB, but it would no longer display its screen.

Then, when I plugged them both back in, I got the 2 seconds to black problem. I left it overnight, reassembled it, and it functions again, but with the same pesky OSD problem. I'm thinking it may have resolved both issues if I had left them off overnight, and plugged it back in that way.

I've already broken the plastic a bit in my haste to and frustration with fixing it, but ultimately it's still a functional monitor and if I can fix the OSD problem I think I could keep it going until I can afford another one.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by InsightBCK; 01-11-2014, 01:01 PM.

Re: OSD Menu appears on own, LG Flatron W2361v

Is it a button board with proper buttons or one of those sensor types?
    If buttons try cleaning them.

Also make sure the connection to the main board is secure
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

It's a button board, I tried swabbing it with rubbing alcohol, maybe I need to get under the buttons?

How do I ensure the connection is secure? Do I need a multimeter or something? Or is it simply a matter of looking at the cables? Thanks for the help, man.

Comment

Okay, well, I assume it has something to do with the connection - I took the menu PCB OUTSIDE of the bezel and left it lying behind the monitor on top of my speaker. No more symptoms.

What can I do to diagnose and come to a more permanent solution utilizing this new information?

Also, I broke the bezel clips so the monitor will never come completely together again, but I don't particularly care so long as it functions until I can afford a new one.

Comment

Hi , must have missed your previous post - if you have a multimeter you can check out the board and cable. Unplug it from the main board,set your meter on ohms and test across the solder joints for each button. Press the button and the value should change from low to high (or infinity) or vica versa.

If that doesnt show anything up then you can test from the button to the
          end of each wire within the cable.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I got this one, the inventer transformer was bad which is fixed now. But the capacitive sensor button is driving me mad, it is poping the menu, if you lock OSD than it triggers the "OSD locked" window. Would it be possible to replace with ordinary mechanical button?
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

do you have a picture of the button board that you can share ?
              the OP never posted one that I noticed

If it is a touch sensitive button then a standard switch will probably not work

Comment

I gave it back to the owner to try to fix it again when he will get enough of the poping.

I noticed some touch plastic, 4 LEDs and some SOP-8 IC. The second board with other buttons (SMD) is connected here and this capacitive board is connected to signal board.

It probably is somehow deliberately connected into the display circuitry as one of those LEDs lights when I have D-Sub connected to monitor, even without power cord! But there is chance, if the whole capacitive board just behaves as one special switch, sending some signal back, than it may be bypassed by ordinary electromechanical switch?
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Although this is an old thread, I wanted to say I have the same issue but for sure it's not the buttons. I had the same issue, popped out the power board and found a small diode blown, I replaced it and thought it got fixed but then again started again going crazy on the OSD. So I removed completely both boards and it still does the same! Can it be some bad caps or sth else?

Comment

SHARP LC-32AF10N Main Board QKITPF537WJN6

SHARP LC-32AF10N Main Board QKITPF537WJN6
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X