Laptop Screen Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laptop Screen Compatibility

and maybe we can sum it all together to form a large database of compatible screen listing. that can help all of us..
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Hello,
      recently I tried to replace broken screen in Lenovo Thinkpad L540.
      Original one is (or used to be) AUO B156XTN02.6, eDP 30pin: https://www.panelook.com/B156XTN02.6...iew_20812.html
      I replaced it with LP156WD1-TPB1: https://www.panelook.com/LP156WD1-TP...iew_12288.html
      The thing is that backlight is not working. I can barely see the picture once I use flashlight. The screen is surely working and tested on other laptop (non-Lenovo one).
      I then borrowed LTN156KT01-001: https://www.panelook.com/LTN156KT01-...iew_15657.html to check if maybe this would be compatible but still no luck (no backlight either).
      I thought the backlight fuse might be burnt, but before checking it, I had connected an old AUO B156HTN03.4 just to try (it's slim design and ear-like mount points are not compatible with my version of L540). And it worked! Backlight turned on and picture was clear.
      So, looks like the fuse is ok. I studied datasheets for both AUO and LG parts and they seem to be pin-compatible. I replaced the signal cable with brand new one (part number 04X4890, this is taken from L540 1920x1080 model) but the result is still the same.
      What could be the issue here? Could possibly Lenovo disable backlight for non-AUO screens?

Comment

The MacBook Pro A1502 displays are very difficult to find. A brand new one cost well over $400-$500 which makes replacing a cracked screen infeasible for a machine costing $500. 13" screens for later MacBook models cost significantly less money around $200-$300.

I don't understand why the MacBook Pro screens are not refurbished the same way as iPhone and iPad screens are. The physical assembly is identical and the skills and equipment required are the same (except for a larger size).

Comment

Good panels are not available for a low price. Manufacturing a large aftermarket panel with high resolution and good quality is much more difficult than a small one.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Does anyone know of an IPS panel compatible with Asus X55A (swapable with B156XTN02.0)?
            Edit: Sorry I'm a noob, but LP156WHA-SLL1 should work, right?
            Last edited by user343728614287147; 01-29-2023, 10:13 AM. Reason: new knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by user343728614287147 View Post
              Does anyone know of an IPS panel compatible with Asus X55A (swapable with B156XTN02.0)?
              Edit: Sorry I'm a noob, but LP156WHA-SLL1 should work, right?
              The LP156WHA-SLL1 has the same resolution and the same 40 pin connector (same side ?), it might work,try it.

These are the different TN panels that shipped with the X55A

Samsung 156AT24-P01
              LG LP156WH4-TLN2
              AU B156XTN02.2
              LG LP156WH4-TLP2
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                The LP156WHA-SLL1 has the same resolution and the same 40 pin connector (same side ?), it might work,try it.

These are the different TN panels that shipped with the X55A

Samsung 156AT24-P01
                LG LP156WH4-TLN2
                AU B156XTN02.2
                LG LP156WH4-TLP2
                I will, thank you!

Comment

hiCan I replace my 16 inch hd laptop screen with qhd. .

Comment

Originally posted by selim guney View Post
                    hiCan I replace my 16 inch hd laptop screen with qhd. .
                    Impossible to say yes or no without

1. The laptop model number
                    2. The motherboard part number
                    3. The LVDS cable part number
                    4. The current screen part number
                    5. The replacement panel part number

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

So recently I purchased a 2022 Asus TUF F17 laptop off Amazon considering it seemed to be a great piece of equipment for the price point. The model is FX707ZE but there was an oversight on my behalf, the display, which is total garbage. That being said I did some research and apparently people are able to upgrade certain display based on very specific compatibility requirements. Causing me to spend the last 5 hours hyperfocusing on what seems like it's never been done to this specific model.

I want to upgrade it because of how terrible it is. I was able to find an upgrade 4k replacement panel with the exact same dimensions, same 40 pin EDP connection, same voltage, everything's the same hardwarewise. Except for the fact that I have a flat and this one's considered a slim panel which is about 2 mm off..

The question is, will it work?? The laptop currently has the stock B173HAN04.9 and I am trying to upgrade it to a B173 ZANO6.8. I've already tried contacting Geek Squad and Asus's Tech support to no avail. They know even less than I and were completely dumbfounded by the idea, dismissing it almost immediately. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard part#

90NR08V1-M000A0
                      Last edited by piernov; 05-10-2023, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm wondering if the display LP156WF9-SPK1 can be replaced with a B156HAN02.1 display or if there is any other alternative. It's for my Acer A315-58 series. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X