Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pres

I have a friend of mine that he gave me a HP-15 to repair. I didn't try fix any PC before but I did fixed a lot of macbook computer. That being said i'm a new to fix PC laptop. I don't even know where I start. The Mother board Parts number is ZS050 LA-A994P REV.2 2014-03-13. anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
    MobileXt

Re: HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pr

Okay, I took some pictures where I did the measurement. I don't have schematic on this Version 2 I do have the version 1 but I'm not sure if that is the correct one. Please see attached photo and need some advice.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pr

What is the actual issue/behaviour of the Laptop? Please Tell us detailed as possible. However, 19V Rail seems fine. Share shematic Please and/or ask for Rev. 2 in Schematics Section. We have to inspect 3.3V and 5V.
      Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-23-2021, 08:57 AM.
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

The actual issue is just don't turn on. The WIFI LED turn and CAPS lock ket when power button press. I don't have Voltage on the 3VALWP and 5VALWP using Schematic Ver. 1
        Last edited by MobileXT; 01-23-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

At PU301 pin 13 EC_ON voltage is present and PIN 11 also present 19v. It could be PU301 DEAD?

Note I'm using LA-A994P Ver1 Schematic for now until i have the Ver.2
          Last edited by MobileXT; 01-23-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Have you measured all power rails for short yet? If not, do it first. While you don't have 19V after second DC-in mosfet, there must be some issue.
            As far as I know these boards, I guess there could be shorted CPU. But do your own measurements.

Edit: my mistake, PQ103 has 19V on both sides and 3V is for PQ104, which is correct.
            Last edited by sopik78; 01-23-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

There's no shorted on the board

Comment

+3VL generated? BIOS IC has VIN power?

Comment

I Will try measure this one I will report back . Also on PD2 I have 19V and 0.7V on the other PIN please see attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
                    +3VL generated? BIOS IC has VIN power?

Both BIOS IC have 1.8V and +3VL is also present

Comment

Both? I think there is only one 8MB SPI. Try to reflash BIOS, also EC.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileXT View Post
                        The actual issue is just don't turn on. The WIFI LED turn and CAPS lock ket when power button press. I don't have Voltage on the 3VALWP and 5VALWP using Schematic Ver. 1
                        I asked you to Share your actual Schematics and of course, I Understand you're working With Revision 1 and suggested you to ask in Schematics Section for Rev. 2 and i Just saw you have opened a Thread there. Very good.

However, Better and faster Help Only possible with Schematics. Please Share it.
                        Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-23-2021, 03:39 PM.
                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Here is the LA-A994P Rev1 Schematic

[MOD EDIT] Link to schematic -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...hematic-needed

Comment

Share exact voltages of PU301 Pin 6,9,11,12,13,14,15,17 and measure Resistance to ground on PIN 9 and 17 with all Power removed.

Edit: 0.7V ADP_ID seems a little Bit Low, i think should be around 3 - 4V, but unfortunately i'm Not really experienced in HP devices. So can be meaningless, because you're getting EC_ON Signal, AS you Said before.
                            EDIT2: i have Just researched a Bit and believe 0.7V is okay.
                            Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-24-2021, 08:34 AM.
                            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                              Share exact voltages of PU301 Pin 6,9,11,12,13,14,15,17 and measure Resistance to ground on PIN 9 and 17 with all Power removed.

Edit: 0.7V ADP_ID seems a little Bit Low, i think should be around 3 - 4V, but unfortunately i'm Not really experienced in HP devices. So can be meaningless, because you're getting EC_ON Signal, AS you Said before.
                              EDIT2: i have Just researched a Bit and believe 0.7V is okay.
                              PU301 diode Mode (Red on Ground)
                              Pin 6= 0.522v
                              Pin 9=0.337v
                              Pin 11=0.467v
                              Pin 12=0.677v
                              Pin 13=0.525v
                              Pin 14=0.532v
                              Pin 15=0.459v
                              Pin 16=0.433v
                              PIN 17= 0.400V

PU301 Resistance to Ground (Black on Ground)
                              Pin 6= 26.20kΩ
                              Pin 9=16.45KΩ
                              Pin 11=23.40MΩ
                              Pin 12=99.0kΩ
                              Pin 13=O.LMΩ
                              Pin 14=265.5KΩ
                              Pin 15=47.8KΩ
                              Pin 16=26.20 kΩ
                              Pin 17 = 29.75KΩ
                              Last edited by MobileXT; 01-24-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
                                Both? I think there is only one 8MB SPI. Try to reflash BIOS, also EC.
                                I need to figure it out first on the PU301 why is not turning on. EC_ON is present and 19V VIN is present. Once I get this Power rail Running then I will go ahead on the BIOS Reflash.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileXT View Post
                                  PU301 diode Mode (Red on Ground)
                                  Pin 6= 0.522v
                                  Pin 9=0.337v
                                  Pin 11=0.467v
                                  Pin 12=0.677v
                                  Pin 13=0.525v
                                  Pin 14=0.532v
                                  Pin 15=0.459v
                                  Pin 16=0.433v
                                  PIN 17= 0.400V

PU301 Resistance to Ground (Black on Ground)
                                  Pin 6= 26.20kΩ
                                  Pin 9=16.45KΩ
                                  Pin 11=23.40MΩ
                                  Pin 12=99.0kΩ
                                  Pin 13=O.LMΩ
                                  Pin 14=265.5KΩ
                                  Pin 15=47.8KΩ
                                  Pin 16=26.20 kΩ
                                  Pin 17 = 29.75KΩ
                                  Mhm, i don't know whether it is my "bad" english or not, but i wanted to ask you to share the voltages when Adapter is plugged (DC-Mode, Red Probe on PinX and Black Probe on Ground). But the resistances are looking fine.
                                  FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

PU301 POWER Adapter Plug-in Voltage Measurements.

Pin 6= 3.42v
                                    Pin 9=3.43v
                                    Pin 11=20v
                                    Pin 12=3.324v
                                    Pin 13=3.302v
                                    Pin 14=5v
                                    Pin 15=3.3v
                                    Pin 16=3.3v
                                    Pin 17 =5.21v

Comment

All the reading seems good but still you dont have 3Valwp/5valwp. You need to check entrip1/2 and fb(feedback) pins as these two signals decide whether you will have output on coils or not. Bios corruption is a possibility-so do flash bios first.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                        All the reading seems good but still you dont have 3Valwp/5valwp. You need to check entrip1/2 and fb(feedback) pins as these two signals decide whether you will have output on coils or not. Bios corruption is a possibility-so do flash bios first.
                                        Sorry for interposing a bit, but would you explain this for me, please. I'm actually asking myself how it can be a BIOS issue, if the SPI not getting its +1.8VALW on Pin8 in this Case? Actually I have a similar case (5VALW present, but no 3VALW, SY8286BRAC, known for often failing) and if this is true, maybe there is a chance to bring it back to life by simply flashing the BIOS. I just want to understand this behaviour, if this is true.

Greetings
                                        Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-25-2021, 06:02 AM.
                                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                        X