Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Display - ACER A515-51G LA-E892P REV 1A

Hi Guys,

My Problem is that when I start the Laptop only the Keyboard will light up and the fans turn on. But no "ACER" bootlogo or blinking cursor. The Display stays black. The RAM is already checked by trying another RAM Stick.
    To test if the GPU is corrupt, I connected an external Keyboard to see if the Num and Caps key light up, but they DONT.
    Even my external didnt light up. I guess there is no 5V output?
    My external Cardreader did light up. (Maybe it needs only 3.3V?)

I need to know which pins I need to reprogram the ene KB9022Q D Chip.
    As far as I know this is where the EC Rom needs to be programmed.
    By watching youtube vids, I have to connect it to my Keyboardpins don't I?
    I tried to find them in the schematic, but I cant find out which ones to use.

I have the ch341a + AsProgrammer and NeoProgrammer.

I already reprogrammed the BIOS successfully where I manually updated my WINKEY + SerialNr, but this still didn't fix my Display Problem.

In the attachment this is the ECROM I would use. Can I use it as is or do I have to change things inside of it?

Can you guys please help me?

Edit: Also no backlight on the Display.
    Edit 2: HDMI Tested on external Monitor, also no GPU output. Also tried to shutdown my Laptop with CMD
    (Win+R) -> CMD -> shutdown /f
    to check if WIN Boots -> didn't shut down.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by c1tru5x; 01-24-2021, 04:58 AM. Reason: Edit 2: HDMI Tested, CMD for Shutdown tested

Re: No Display - ACER A515-51G LA-E892P REV 1A

Originally posted by c1tru5x View Post
    Hi Guys,

My Problem is that when I start the Laptop only the Keyboard will light up and the fans turn on. But no "ACER" bootlogo or blinking cursor. The Display stays black. The RAM is already checked by trying another RAM Stick.
    To test if the GPU is corrupt, I connected an external Keyboard to see if the Num and Caps key light up, but they DONT.
    Even my external didnt light up. I guess there is no 5V output?
    My external Cardreader did light up. (Maybe it needs only 3.3V?)

I need to know which pins I need to reprogram the ene KB9022Q D Chip.
    As far as I know this is where the EC Rom needs to be programmed.
    By watching youtube vids, I have to connect it to my Keyboardpins don't I?
    I tried to find them in the schematic, but I cant find out which ones to use.

I have the ch341a + AsProgrammer and NeoProgrammer.

I already reprogrammed the BIOS successfully where I manually updated my WINKEY + SerialNr, but this still didn't fix my Display Problem.

In the attachment this is the ECROM I would use. Can I use it as is or do I have to change things inside of it?

Can you guys please help me?

Edit: Also no backlight on the Display.
    Edit 2: HDMI Tested on external Monitor, also no GPU output. Also tried to shutdown my Laptop with CMD
    (Win+R) -> CMD -> shutdown /f
    to check if WIN Boots -> didn't shut down.
    I'm having exactly the same problem. In my bench, I have one of these, and was completely dead. After changing about 3 shorted MosFets, the MoBo start responding. Fan on, lights on, charging, etc., but no video (no LCD and no HDMI out, even disconnecting the internal LCD before appliyng power). All GPU voltages are Ok, same as CPU, and both are normally hot.

I'm working now on it. If I find some solution, I will give you here the feedback.

I observed that the EC is slightly warm, so I will desolder it and try to reprogram it with my SVOD 2 and the ZIF socket. I will share the results here.

Comment

Re: No Display - ACER A515-51G LA-E892P REV 1A

Shorted high side FET's in CPU/GPU buck converters result in the full rail being applied to that device and often results in damage. Only if the power supply overload protection kicks in before that damage that sometimes saves the silicon. I've rarely seen it, but low side FET goes short, saving the silicon.

EC is unlikely to be your issue.

Comment

Working...
      X