X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
    you should poly mod it... start a new thread on it, post some cap values there, and we will teach you what to do tho fix that.
    Start a new thread where ratdude747?
    sigpicThe master at blowing away MBR's and replacing Seagates!!!

Comment

Or add to the last Dell 470 thread.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5974
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

didn't know there was a thread already... facepalm

HEY! POST #3600! whee!
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
          May we add JUNZL units to the bad list? I found one bulging in a set-top box.
          Have a pic?

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
            yup. the 470 is a rebadged easybake. they will cook almost every good brand due to the heat.

you should poly mod it... start a new thread on it, post some cap values there, and we will teach you what to do tho fix that.

btw, mac g5's do that too (hence the poly kit). too hot to handle.
            Uhh, don't talk shit about stuff you don't know?
            The Precision 470 is not some kids system, it is a workstation system
            It has excellent cooling, hell, if you want to populate all RAM slots it will even force you to buy an extra fan for that!
            This system with failed Rubycon capacitors has some issue, either broken fans, broken PSU or non genuine Rubycon capacitors, it would never be able to cook genuine Rubycon capacitors if working properly
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Just in; Silicon Chip September 2010: bad JFD units in an 18-month old HD set-top box. It was on top of a DVD player in an enclosed entertainment cabinet.
              My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
                alot of TV set has more of this bad caps,could it be the manufacturers are also the bad guys

Comment

are XICON caps any good? blue with black lettering. thats what most of the ones at the local electronics store has. i recapped a cheapo powmax 450w with them (only 2 in that psu were bulged so i replaced them and the one other of the same specs) and it seems ok...

Comment

XICON are not low ESR.
                    If you put that PSU on a scope you'd be scared.

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

uh-oh...so it was an idiotic idea to give it to my friend ???
                      hes running a p3 off of it

Comment

I was investigating a problem with my washing machine today.

The PCB has 4 Capxon on it, whoopee!

Seems to be happily running through its wash cycle at the moment (thank goodness). I may replace the Capxon later.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                          uh-oh...so it was an idiotic idea to give it to my friend ???
                          hes running a p3 off of it
                          For a P3 it'll work.
                          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                            For a P3 it'll work.
                            No, they won't. - At least not for long.
                            Good chance they will fry out the VRM on the motherboard before they go out themselves.

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

Surprisingly from a high value Belinea flat screen (10 20 30):
                              Almost all caps on the controller board and the 1000µ PSU cap.

- All the TEAPO (No surprise)
                              100µ * 6
                              330µ

- All OST
                              470µ
                              330µ

- All Eltec (Eltoc ?)
                              1000µ

Comment

I have done a recap of my Marantz CD10, I found 4 Rubycon Black Gates in there which were leaking....
                                They were 15 years old
                                Are they crap or not?
                                Anyway I put Pan fc in there
                                What about Multicomp?
                                I read in a post here that they are not low ESR...
                                But are they crap or not?
                                I may want to put 2 100uF / 6.3V bipolar in a protection circuit of an amp
                                Usually there's no voltage on them only when the protection starts working

Comment

Originally posted by EJT View Post
                                  I have done a recap of my Marantz CD10, I found 4 Rubycon Black Gates in there which were leaking....
                                  They were 15 years old
                                  Are they crap or not?
                                  Just old and heat eventually got them.

What about Multicomp?
                                  Multicomp = multiple companies = generic.
                                  Most likely Chinese junk.

I may want to put 2 100uF / 6.3V bipolar in a protection circuit of an amp
                                  Usually there's no voltage on them only when the protection starts working
                                  Bipolar are used when the polarity changes in operation.
                                  A low ESR bipolar would be rare if any even exist.
                                  Both sides of the aluminum foil have an oxide layer [dielectric].
                                  Using them in a circuit that doesn't reverse polarity will eventually erode [remove] one of the oxide layers effectively turning it into a polarized cap.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  -

Comment

Ok
                                    But there has to be a reason for choosing this type of bipolar cap
                                    It's the protection of an Accuphase power amp
                                    Knowing Accuphase....
                                    For now I put in 2 Pan fc's
                                    Not entirely good but it'll work until I find good bipolars
                                    The old ones were Elna... 20years old or so and leaking
                                    But it won't be Multicomp
                                    I saw a few Nichicons at Mouser
                                    I just hope they're the same quality like Pan fc

EJT

Comment

Ok
                                      But there has to be a reason for choosing this type of bipolar cap
                                      Without seeing a schematic I can't tell you why it's there.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

In an old TV set (late 80s) was a bad DIACON bipolar electrolytic used for coupling of the horizontal yoke.
                                        Ever heard about this brand of capacitor?
                                        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Couldn't find DIACON.
                                          Possibly a defunct brand.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                          -
                                          -

Comment

Working...
                                          X