Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, my name is angga i really like this site

Comment

Hello from Russian Federation

Comment

Hello, from Spain, I hope to learn a lot from this great forum.

Comment

Having some TV problems that I'm hoping to get some advice on. BadCaps has come up quite a bit in my searching for different problems over the last 2 years so it definitely seems like I've come to the right place.

Comment

Heyo brethren, here for those juicy schematics

Comment

Just wanted to say hi to everyone out there.

Comment

Hello from New York City (and sometimes Pittsburgh)

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                    Hello,
                    I m AASHIKNAIK & basically m mechanical engineer but have much more interest in electronics especially repairs and maintenance of electronic equipments.
                    I have seen that lot of technical people discuss their problems and resolve them with help of each other here and that's why i m here.
                    I have been repairing my own equipment and also friends' equipment
                    sometimes with the help of knowledge displayed on internet.Now, i can have guide from highly skilled people like you and it will help to improve my knowledge as well.
                    Thank you all,
                    AASHIKNAIK

Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you for all the useful info.

Comment

Hello,
                        Iam Siddhant Naik from India, Goa.
                        We are into laptop repairing. Needed some tech help so was googling a luckily found this forum.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone I’m Mike. Just wanted to mention I read the entire first page of this thread and the entire last page (was not expecting to be almost 1000 pages in between)
                          So here goes my first P.C. was a TI-99 then a 64. I’ve since seen and worked on so many different types of electronics that I’ve lost count.
                          This seems like a great community to learn and share knowledge for the benefit of all.
                          Thanks for all the great information that is available.

Comment

Hi. I've spent several weeks since my monitor died looking for this kind of forum and someone didn't come across this one earlier! Looking forward to exploring these forums...

Comment

Hmmm, still don't seem to be able to view my profile or create new threads even after posting here. Am I missing something else?!

Comment

Oops, completely missed the "one hour" cooldown thing. That'll teach me to not read properly

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm from Guatemala. In this forum I found a lot of useful information. Thank you

Comment

Looking to learn more about TV repair! found a ton of useful info so far!

Comment

Ay hello! Just looking for info on how to identify an SMC capacitor!

Comment

hi everyone ! I'm a mobile phone and laptop component level repair technician . found this site with lots of useful info. and hope to share my knowledge in free time .. cheers !!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                          This is Plamen here.
                                          I won't tell you my age, but certainly will admit to have a beautiful grand daughter!!
                                          My formal training is Physics related, and more specifically Practical Astrophysics, what I've been teaching and working on until few years ago. I was fortune to have an opportunity to work and live in four continents so far: Europe, (Bulgaria where I was born), Africa, Asia and finally New Zealand, where my family and I intend to stay in the future.
                                          A side of my everyday work, since the time of being a student I wanted to develop more knowledge about doing electronics in practical terms so, now I hope to get a better chance to do so.
                                          On the other hand I was always keen to be in the right foot with the latest computing technology as I started learning PC's with Commodore 64, Sinclair ZX81 and Apple II in the early 80's.
                                          My family and I lives in Auckland.
                                          Nice to be here.
                                          Greetings.
                                          Plamen

Comment

Working...
                                          X