Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch issue on Surface 3 1645 model

Hi all,

Replaced the screen of a 1645 Surface 3. With the new screen installed, touch of screen seems to work as when i touch it i can see the little point following the finger movements but once i want to select a folder or change it place, the touch doesn't seem to do its job.

Have exact same issue on 2 different same model tablet. It the screen defective or do i need to calibrate it?

Do you already faced this weird issue?

Not used to Surface repairs.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Re: Touch issue on Surface 3 1645 model

Originally posted by JG2018 View Post
    Hi all,

Replaced the screen of a 1645 Surface 3. With the new screen installed, touch of screen seems to work as when i touch it i can see the little point following the finger movements but once i want to select a folder or change it place, the touch doesn't seem to do its job.

Have exact same issue on 2 different same model tablet. It the screen defective or do i need to calibrate it?

Do you already faced this weird issue?

Not used to Surface repairs.

Thanks for your help.
    Run the Surface Diagnostic tool first:
    https://aka.ms/surfacerepair

This contains a touch screen test. Maybe it's just a driver/configuration issue.
    Was the old screen cracked and did you get a oem replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
      Run the Surface Diagnostic tool first:
      https://aka.ms/surfacerepair

This contains a touch screen test. Maybe it's just a driver/configuration issue.
      Was the old screen cracked and did you get a oem replacement?
      Hi thanks for your input.

Ok will run it and let you know.

Yes old screen was simply broken got a part from confirmed supplier but our tablet is model 1645 and he send 1657 but it seems to be perfectly compatible screens, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JG2018 View Post
        Hi thanks for your input.

Ok will run it and let you know.

Yes old screen was simply broken got a part from confirmed supplier but our tablet is model 1645 and he send 1657 but it seems to be perfectly compatible screens, no?
        Screens are identical between these models. Run the test and let us know

Comment

Working...
        X