Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL Dimension 9200 Cap kit?

Hi,
    I dont currently have the system available to take inventory of what is needed. I would like to get a kit or just all that would mostly be needed. I'm not even sure of the count on the caps but from my research, I will be needing at least 4 of each 6.3v 220uF Rubycon ZA and Rubycon 6.3v 2200uF MCZ or better. Please advise?

Re: DELL Dimension 9200 Cap kit?

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on capacitor kits.
    If a kit is not available there is a contact form or when you know what you need
    you can just order - You will have to register again first.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

OK, but his page now urges us to use the forum for questions of this nature. I did write earlier and yet to get a reply, so I thought I would try to follow the instructions

Comment

OK well I think it is unlikely that you will get much help as the only chance would be that someone has a 9200 open in front of them or has worked one
        and kept a list. Even so we would advise making a list from YOUR board as
        there are aften variations in different versions of the same board.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I'll second that, there are different revisions of most of the boards that manufacturers put out in the same product line. At this time (I just looked) there is no cap kit for your motherboard. But we can advise on ordering the caps for one. You're welcome to all the help the forum members can give, but it does expedite things if the guys can get solid info and clear pictures on what they choose to help with rather than spending a lot of time researching and possibly having to guess your needs. Hundreds seek help through these boards so anything to make it quicker and easier is mutually beneficial.

If you search here a couple of 9200 threads come up and you'll see how things went. You said you don't have access to the PC at this time ? You are of course going to have to remove the board to repair it anyway so please make a capacitor list when you have it in hand. Obviously you're trying to save a bit of time like we all do but right now this is the best way. Badcaps will be here for you when you are ready!

Comment

Dell used very high quality caps on the 9200, all of them are pretty much Chemicon, Rubycon, and Sanyo, which along with Panasonic represent the best cap manufacturers in the world (along with most Nichicons which are good, although they have had a few problem caps)

in your 9200, however, there is one problem cap, of which you have 3 of, the Chemicon KZG cap which is a 3300uF - 6.3v cap. - You can easily find these three caps on the board, because they are the three tallest caps on the board (and likely puffy on top) they are brown in color

these are the only 3 that I would bother replacing, and the easiest replacement to get, that is very high quality, is the Panasonic FR series - 3300uF 10v from Digikey, they are $1.01 each and you will need 3 of them, + $2.70 shipping and then you will be all good for less than $6 total to your door! - Or perhaps the folks at Badcaps.net could make you up a special kit containing these 3 caps, they sell Rubycon, which are some of the best caps in the world, especially if he has the ZLH series which are fabulous in this application.

don't forget to double check the polarity!!

PS - I know I said that Chemicon was one of the best capacitor makers in the world, they are! - they just happened to make one dud in their whole 80 years and you got it unfortunately!
            Last edited by theOracle; 01-14-2013, 12:00 AM.

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
              . . . in your 9200, however, there is one problem cap, of which you have 3 of, the Chemicon KZG cap which is a 3300uF - 6.3v cap. - You can easily find these three caps on the board, because they are the three tallest caps on the board (and likely puffy on top) they are brown in color

these are the only 3 that I would bother replacing, and the easiest replacement to get, that is very high quality, is the Panasonic FR series - 3300uF 10v from Digikey, they are $1.01 each and you will need 3 of them, + $2.70 shipping and then you will be all good for less than $6 total to your door!
              Hardly a replacement, UCC KYG is .012 ESR and 2.8A ripple, Panny FR is .018 ESR and 2.6A ripple. Also original is 10mmx25mm panny is 12.5mmx20mm

- Or perhaps the folks at Badcaps.net could make you up a special kit containing these 3 caps, they sell Rubycon, which are some of the best caps in the world, especially if he has the ZLH series which are fabulous in this application.
              ZLH is also too high in ESR and too low in Ripple current to replace KZG.

PS - I know I said that Chemicon was one of the best capacitor makers in the world, they are! - they just happened to make one dud in their whole 80 years and you got it unfortunately!
              KZJ, TMV and TMZ are also defective/crap UCC series.

Nichicon HM is a perfect replacement, and only $0.65:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...MPD-ND/2428120

Nichicon HZ is an upgrade:

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=142
              Last edited by LLLlllou; 01-23-2013, 06:58 AM. Reason: Because.

Comment

Working...
              X