No announcement yet.

Behemot's reviews (Hardware Insights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you read my reviews in english?

Oh yeah, Huntkey, sure. Been referring to the Sivlerstone.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
      Maybe you meant a different review? I'm talking about this photo: http://diit.cz/sites/default/files/i...l/baleni_5.jpg from http://diit.cz/clanek/huntkey-fx500se-5

Most definitely shows an NZ plug, unless I've gone insane.
      that's an Aussie plug!
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
        that's an Aussie plug!
        It's a Hubbell plug!

http://www.fam-oud.nl/~plugsocket/NorthAm2.html
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
          Perhaps physically. But I wouldn't recommend you use one! If the pinouts on that site (fig 15, 15a) are correct, then compared to the NZ\Aus ones, the neutral and phase are swapped!
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
            Perhaps physically. But I wouldn't recommend you use one! If the pinouts on that site (fig 15, 15a) are correct, then compared to the NZ\Aus ones, the neutral and phase are swapped!
            is there an issue there? you see that crap in the US all the time!
            Last edited by goontron; 02-20-2015, 03:23 PM.
            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
              is there an issue there? you see that crap in the US all the time!
              Depends on the equipment (some don't care, I know) but in general, there's a reason they're only supposed to go in one way...
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

There's a poll: http://hardwareinsights.com/forum/vi...php?f=29&t=963 Most of you are registered there as well as I've checked…

Basically besides PSU reviews, I have tens of articles from DiiT I can translate about repairing stuff (displays mostly) plus new are still coming and I can translate them as well. I guess there will be nothing new for pro's like tom66, but maybe the rest of you guys can learn something new.

And I could learn something too, for example about those bloody chinese UPS which are troubling me lately

Last but not least, the site needs visitors…and it won't get any without the content
                Last edited by Behemot; 03-07-2015, 06:41 PM.
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Here's a pilot http://hardwareinsights.com/wp/repai...ron-w1934s-sn/

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                    Seems pretty good
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

I've been on CeBIT last week and got a nice chat with ppl from XFX, Be Quiet!, Chieftec, Fractal Design, Seasonic and not so nice chat, but still some contact for LC-Power, Enermax and Thermaltake. Will make some short report and as soon as I finish my review quota, start ordering new samples

I am especially looking forward to that passive 550W Enermax unit…will keep ya posted.

Comment

New reviews!

Seasonic S12G 550 W http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/s...ty-components/
                        Silverstone Strider Gold S 550 W http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/s...lden-platform/

Comment

Enermax Digifanless preview http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/p...-fanless-unit/

Comment

And review http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/e...-fanless-unit/

So far I am the only one who disassembled the rectification module and discovered what cable thickness is used.

Comment

Where did all the padding around the content go??

Comment

And in the silverstone 550 review you spelled accessories incorrectly

Comment

Padding and other stuff was removed to accomodate more content (bigger pictures) and room for advertisement. While there still none as there is too little to offer ATM, I am serious with this website and I want it to generate money in future, as the number of visitors increases. Padding is just wasting space

Fixl'd, thanks. Seems that my spellchecker needs spellchecking

Comment

Got to say I am loving the reviews... So much more in-depth than the whitewash over at Jonny Cockroach.

That guy runs so many PSUs through the ringer in such a short time, it's as if buying new cars for spoiled children is going out of style.
                                    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Yeah Wolf is falling behind slightly, lately. TPU constantly has new equipment, I am trying too…should get power breaker to measure hold-up time soon (it is constantly getting some delay). Next I would like to start some crowdfund for new (though chinese but still way better) entry-level professional wattmeter. With that I will have by a magnitude better accuracy of power, pwoer factor and even could measure THD for compliance with harmonics legislative.

Comment

There's a preview of the revised Cooler Master V550S. http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/p...v550s-revised/

And I've added a few polls, vote please!

Comment

And the review is out http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/c...r-than-before/

The testing methodology and evaluation methodology has been changed - price has been removed. There are future plans for comparison table from next review. Stay tuned!

Anybody recognizes the polymers used?
                                          Last edited by Behemot; 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X