(2) Epox 8RDA+ with leaking caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(2) Epox 8RDA+ with leaking caps

I build two PCs at the same time, one for my friend and one for myself and both have corroded/leaking capacitors. I just discovered this last night and this morning. I left a message on a forum where an Epox tech frequents and hope I get some help, but I'm thinking I may be better off trying to replace the caps myself as I would use "good" caps.

Also, I suppose I should shut this thing down pronto to avoid a burndown. I haven't noticed any symptoms except some instability when I play games. I upped the vcore to 1.71 last week because of reboots when playing games. I'm overclocked to 2.2GHz which I think I'll back down from right now.

Fortunately, I have a backup pc.

Re: (2) Epox 8RDA+ with leaking caps

go to the epox support site and register the boards (using their serial #'s), then contact customer service. its likely that they will offer to RMA your boards for 17$ US each. I have the same board with the same prob and the only reason I haven't taken EPoX up on the offer is cause I live in canada and shipping to california with a private shipping company (UPS Fedex) would cost more than the repairs. If u live in the US definately try to get them in on RMA.

Comment

Working...
    X