Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 2405FPW locks up on reboot, or other changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2405FPW locks up on reboot, or other changes.

I just got a used Dell 2405FPW monitor with a problem. It likes to lock up whenever it's signal changes (e.g. a reboot). By lock up, I mean, go black, with the backlight on and the buttons, including power, become un-responsive. If I un-plug the power, and plug it back in, it works great. If it hasn't locked up, I can turn it off and on again with the power button. It's connected to the PC via DVI.

Suspecting bad caps, and needing to fix the power button, I opened it up. Visually, it looks very clean with no obvious problems. I took out the power supply board and tested most of the caps. Nothing was obviously amiss.
    All the caps in this monitor except one are "bad" brands so I expect trouble eventually.

I'd like to test the power coming out of the board, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I've got a DSO, so I could see how clean the power is if I knew where to look.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Dell 2405FPW locks up on reboot, or other changes.

Before we can tell you where to check for voltages; you'll need to post good clear pictures of the front and the back of that power board. And the main board also. Click the "Go Advanced" button and use the "Manage Attachments" feature to post pictures.

Comment

Got it. I'll take it back apart and get pictures next chance I get. It works fine so long as I remember to turn it off before the screen saver kicks in.

Comment

Computer On, then Lock Anyone help please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG2TknIC260

Comment

Hold menu button for 15 seconds or more it should unlock

Comment

@nevereven, I have the same *** exact *** problem.

> It likes to lock up whenever it's signal changes (e.g. a reboot). By lock up, I mean, go black, with the backlight on and the buttons, including power, become un-responsive. If I un-plug the power, and plug it back in, it works great. If it hasn't locked up, I can turn it off and on again with the power button. It's connected to the PC via DVI.

Did you fix this issue? Did you find out what might be causing the problem?

Comment

Working...
            X