• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, I'm beginner but I'm learning

Comment

Hi all, great to be here! Seems like a welcome place with helpful members and lots of good information.

Comment

Re: Saludos a todos

Hello, I am 53 years old, I am a technician and I am enthusiastic about my profession.
        Greetings to all from Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands.

Comment

Hello BADCAPS FAM!
          Mobile repair tech here. One of the many things I repair or install is mounting TV'S for clients. I was given a Samsung 2010 LN40C530. The client said "I have no idea what is wrong with it, but you can have it." This is how I stumbled upon this site.

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Scott but everybody just calls me Buzzard. I have been involved in electronics since the mid 70's, so I'm not exactly a novice, but I am FAR from an expert. I currently have a few TV's and a bunch of flat panel monitors awaiting repair. as I get them diagnosed, I will post what I did to fix them or where I am at and ask for help.

Comment

Hi. My name is Dave and I joined this forum to learn more about electronics.

Comment

hi, my name is al, just browsing for information about computer, thanks

Comment

Hi There!! "1st post access to the rest post" hey!, I've a background in instrument repairs having worked 20 years for the same company, until they closed shop and moved away from my area. These days I'll take on just about anything to keep my "fix the thing" addiction going. Anything is tackled from mechanical to electronics and like a lot of folks it's not about changing a board, anyone can do that, it's about working out why, reverse engineering and alas conquering the challenge placed in front of us.

I like working at component level even though I have no formal education in the subject. There's plenty of stuff on youtube like Dave @ EEVblog. The best friend to have along repair lane is a service manual. I have a R&D period where I'll sit and gather as much info on a repair as possible, that might start with the easy Operators guide but I have directories full of reports, datasheets and notes as my memory is rubbish and I need all the help I can get, hence I make lots of notes.

I'm also interested in Solar, PV, battery technology and currently am building a system to quick charge, by switching in/out panels, a set of lithium iron batteries and then dumping that into a small grid tie inverter to lower my base level of energy use. I intend in the future to regulate that power to a bigger grid tie which will then follow my energy usage up to say 1kW. Anyway, I guess this is my first post so will dive in and see if anyone else has a blank screen and no sound..!!

thanks for letting me join, if I stumble upon something I can comment on, I'll more than happy help..

Comment

Hi All,

I'm here because my Panasonic tx-p42u30b Plasma TV is not turning up, and I hope to fix it with your help.
                    I was able to fix my previous Samsung LCD when it had similar problem by replacing some blown capacitors, but here I can see no signs of bad capacitors.

Comment

Hello need help repairing lc-60le6300u.. Sharp. Have no 12v at terminal 1&2 of main unit

Comment

Hello all....My name is Al, I live in New Hyde Park N.Y. Back in the 70's I was a repairman for Sunbeam. I repaired small appliances like toasters, irons, hair clippers, blenders, hair dryers, mixers etc. Most of these items have been disposable for decades. I have been repairing and restoring antique radio's and phonographs for many years. I enjoy it as a hobby...in between 35 years of law enforcement. Happy to help anyone with problems in my area of knowledge. Happy New Year to all.........AL

Comment

Hi! My name is Al and I am here because I'm adicted to electronics and computers.

I'm studying to be an electronics technician and I want to improve my skills!

Comment

Hi Guys
                            I am qualified TV engineer of more than 45 years and a Crestron programmer since 2004. I have run my own TV repair business since 1984. I started as an apprentice in 1971 and qualified in 1978 a 7 year apprenticeship at that time. I hope I can help you with my many years of experiences. I also hope that you can help me out also.

Best Regards
                            Bill

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for letting me join been interested in electronics since about the age of 11 when my dad used to bring stuff home from work for me to mess with first shock I got was when I wired a bell up to the mains n left the plug top off blew me across the bedroom and the bell exploded as it was DC lol well It made me want too learn what I had done wrong.

Comment

Hi all.
                                I'm glad to be here today...
                                My name is Bernard. I discovered this forum by chance looking a way to repair my PC display. It seemed interesting, I registered...

Comment

Hey there or Dia Duit if you're from my home land. I am Padraig a literate PC mechanic and Animator in both fields for roughly 15 years now. I am 37 years old freezing my bum off here talking to you online hahaha. I hope we all get along here and i am here for any questions and help also.

Comment

Hey all, been lurking for a few months but finally had one I’m lost on so I decided to join to get help!

Comment

r13 graphic chip shorted.how to convert the graphic mb to non graphic mb pls help me

Comment

Merhaba. Aranızda yeni katıldım. Umarım bilgi paylaşarak yardımcı olabilirim

Comment

Hello, I am Jamie. I work in electronic repair and as always, am looking to learn more from my peers. Thanks for letting me join in this wealth of knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                          X