Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Y helo thar

Comment

Glad to be here and gain valuable info on my Samsung troubleshooting

Comment

Hello, have found lots of info from this site over the years, but I decided to register to see all of it.

Comment

Hello World, I guess you can call me one of those old guys reading the beginning of this thread Topcat said "For the record, my first system was back in 1985, being a Commodore-64 with the kick-ass 1541 5.25 floppy drive set up on an ancient 19" tube-type color TV..." I had the same setup that I would play flight simulator on it would take hours to load. So that dates me, I joined this group because of the need to learn more. This is the reason that I started with computers, 'The quest for knowing' so I am still on the same journey of I got to know.

Comment

Hello! Have a Panasonic TCP50S2 TV on the fritz. Looking to find diagnostics for the 10 blinks of death...

Comment

Hey everyone, compared to you all I’m a noob, but I’m not totally inept. I’ve replaced DC jacks on laptops (soldered and non soldered types), and similar repair projects but I am looking for some help and to expand my knowledge. I’m more of a hobbyist and I’m big into DIY. Saves money and makes money . I’m really looking forward to learning from you guys!

Comment

Re: having issue with my Toshiba 46SV67OU

My tv does not have power at all, standby light does not come on and |I think the supply board ( PE0702 V28A000962A1) is not working . I wanted to buy a new PS board but could not find a cheap one , then I thought would be a good Idea to repair the existing my self.
                  I would like to replace the voltage rectifier D15XB 60 B2880 and the fusible resistor RGDU5M-5E (1.8 OHM) on the supply board to see if it can solve the problem. Can someone tell me the equivalent of the rectifier D15XB 60 B2880
                  and the resistor RGDU5M-5E (1.8 OHM) that I can buy on line?

Thank you

Comment

Hello...to all.....I'm Justin....from Nigeria ...love you all...

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm Chris and my TV doesn't work. Hoping one of you wonderful folks can help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?
                        I'm kind of new to the Computer World I've only had two years experience and that was just personal troubleshooting all my mistakes but I have a brand new Asus sonicmaster laptop and it was bought third-party they don't have the box and it has a password lock on it as soon as you turn it on I can't get into the BIOS and factory reset or change anything I'm having trouble with getting past the recovery password I can't generate the code I'm looking for some serious realistic help

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                        well just a computer Junkie who loves to put a new OS on my brand new phone and then screw it all up just have to do it again but I really need some help with my Asus laptop I'm stuck here in Texas down by Houston and I can't generate a password for my recovery password was really hoping to find somebody that can help me that was serious

Comment

Hello from Houston Texas I'm having trouble with the recovery password to my Asus sonicmaster Laptop

Comment

Hello, I created an account seeking help with my LCD TV.

Clayton

Comment

Good evening i'm Giuseppe sorry for my bad english i'm a Caterpillar elecronic technician
                              live an working in italy thanks for help

Comment

I am Ivrapwn, I am a hack of all trades. I need some help figuring out some issues I have with a TV I picked up. Been troubleshooting it for a while and finally got the parts I needed, Just to get the WRONG Parts, as the sender appropriated the incorrect part to my order.

So, I hope to seek further help in getting my TV to work.

Comment

Hi, I'm attempting to fix a tv and found a super useful thread on this forum. Hoping to solve my main board issues and learn a few things.
                                  Ed

Comment

Thank you for giving me the oppertunity to be a memeber of your forum.
                                    I mainly focus in the iOS programing and computer repair.
                                    once again thank you

Comment

Hello everyone

I'll keep it short.

First of all, I found this awesome forum because I started doing research on ESR meters and then found myself reading this sweetest of sites, http://www.capacitorlab.com/failed-recapping/index.htm. An amazing document.

So other than that, I baby-sit a bunch of old Macs and started knowing zilch, still know zilch. I have only done some very minor soldering, desoldering, got myself a cheap multimeter and it looks like the next thing on my list is an ESR meter.

I have no background in engineering but love the topic and I am a total neophyte hobbyist. I doubt that I will be of any help but I will certainly need help, that being said, I am delighted to have found this most excellent forum, literally. Thank you for the opportunity of being a part of this community. I hope any questions I post will not prove to everyone my ignorance. Be gentle on me, I promise to be polite at all times.

Kind regards
                                      —Alex

Comment

Ahoy hoy m8
                                        i landed here because i need boardview file for the asus laptop. so i spent 3 day scratch the interweb and found only this forum that allow their new member like me to save attachment even with only zero post and most inmportant..it doesnt need to be premium member ( or smth like that) to save it..yayy sweett. guess i fall in like at the first click. if you somehow willing to help me, my 2 (two) asus x450c laptop suddenly dead ( for the 2nd time in row). no sign or indicator at all. its happen after i replace my keyboard (not sure if its the troublemaker tho ). after assembly it, its jut dead after all

im searching for this laptop power sequence, because i didnt see +3v and +5v in my laptop.

Comment

Hello the Badcaps Community,
                                          I'm from Switzerland and would apologize for my English. Anyways, I've found this awesome forum while my CyberPower UPS brake down. I was looking around the Internet to find info's and schematic's and luckily found this one.
                                          I'm in electronics for years now but not as engineer. I've been playing with early computers (4.88Mhz CPU) under DOS, but I'm not in this business branch. Now, with years, I've been facing a lot of problems due to old electrolytic caps. Main time changing them gives the device life for some more years.

Best regards,
                                          Brandi

Comment

Working...
                                          X