Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor Dead

Does the fact that the power board is not outputting 24v have a bearing on things?

Comment

Originally posted by fusionmax View Post
      Does the fact that the power board is not outputting 24v have a bearing on things?
      In general, the 5V DC is used for most or all of the functionality that is required on the logic board. Voltage regulators on the logic board take that 5V DC and change it to 3.3V DC and/or 1.8V DC as required. The power on/off functionality is located on the logic board.

So there is proper voltage on the logic card as you verified. You also verified there is continuity from the keyboard panel to the logic card.

The 12V, 19V, or 24V DC is usually used for the inverter section of the board. There is 24V DC on the power board, but we have not traced it any farther right now because it is not required on the logic board.

If the power LED was lit (any color), then we would be focusing our attention back on the inverter section and tracing out the 24V DC.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

If the trace path that you find happens to lead through an electrolytic capacitor, you might want to replace that one.

The smaller ones found on the logic rarely are bad, but when they are bad, they can fail without any sign of visibly bloating. They can have high ESR (ohms) or be out of uF tolerance.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
          Okay, I can't find a datasheet for TSUMU58HJ-LF, but you may have better luck?

If you find a datasheet, look at the pinout configuration and see if the power on/off signal has the proper voltage reading. If it doesn't, then you have to "back trace" from the TSUMU58HJ-LF to the power on/off and see if one the components in between is good or bad.

If you cannot find a datasheet, you will have to "buzz" out the trace from the power on/off connector to the chip.
          I would be really curious about something. Is there any voltage at any of the pins at the front control panel? I would expect to have at least one ground wire and at least several that have a reference voltage I am going to guess 5v may be the reference. If a reference voltage is there on any of the pins dose the voltage go low or to near 0v when different buttons are pushed. The voltages I suggest are just a GUESS, but the monitors I have looked at that I suspected a problem with front control panel have all been able to change the state of the reference voltage[going from a high to low voltage as buttons are pushed]Another thing to concider is that a monitor can work without the front control panel hooked up.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I have checked the voltage at the power button and it reads as 3.4

When I press the button it drops to nothing.

I am having problems tracing the power line to the IC though, the trace just dissapears underneath some other chips and then I lose it!

I have been unable to find a datasheet for it and have even contacted the company that originally made it with no luck

Comment

Also, I have been unable to find any fuses on the logic board, does this sound right or should there be some?

Comment

Also, I have been unable to find any fuses on the logic board, does this sound right or should there be some?
                It depends on manufacturer. It may be normal to have no fuse on the logic board.

Sometimes the fuse is on the backside, but it is rare.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I have checked the voltage at the power button and it reads as 3.4

When I press the button it drops to nothing.

I am having problems tracing the power line to the IC though, the trace just dissapears underneath some other chips and then I lose it!

I have been unable to find a datasheet for it and have even contacted the company that originally made it with no luck
                  Well the power button is doing something, Whether it being right or wrong I don't know. As retiredcaps suggests a data sheet would be very helpful. I would hope now that someone with a similar monitor may be able to verify if the 3.4v is a correct reading.
                  Al.
                  Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I've been real busy lately but finally managed to find some time last night to try and trace the power button back to the IC. I have attached an image of how far I have got....... not far!

I am still having no luck with finding a datasheet for the IC, the manufacturer haven't come back to me and I can't find anything anywhere
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have also asked Quotidian at the post https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...d=1#post125888 if he could measure the voltage he is getting at his power button.

Hopefully this will confirm if mine is ok or not.

Comment

My monitor has the same power and main board as your monitor, but my monitor is an Envision G218a1. Exact same issue, no power. I could check my voltages to compare to yours, but being it is the same issue... I'd assume the readings wouldn't do you any good.

I see you haven't posted in 2 weeks... have you found a fix?

Thanks!

Comment

OK. I've tested all the same tests that fusionmax has. My only difference is:

My cable coming from my power board going to the main board: it has a voltage of 2.82VDC at the black wire (between the white and brown wires).

I also have the same voltage at the control buttons as he does (though being my monitor is dead too, I'm not sure if they are correct).

Comment

Hi Billy,

I've not found a fix yet, i'm just working on making a diagram of the logic PCB to make things easier to trace.

I should have something done in the next couple of days so I can post something up.

Have you managed to find a datasheet for either the logic PCB or the IC from the logic board?

Comment

To be honest, I haven't been looking too hard. I have like 4 monitors I'm working on, and upon doing the initial research on this one... I came across your post and thought I could try to help. If I do, I'll post it here of course.

Comment

Ok, so I've finally managed to find some time and traced the power button back to the IC on the Logic board.

It appears to be at pin 50 and doesn't go through any capacitors. I have attached some images showing this.

Can anyone give me my next move?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hate to be a bumper but has anyone got any ideas?

I am at a loss!

Comment

At this point, if you go back and take a look at the photo #2, post #11, you will see 4 8-pin chips. I'm using the vx2235 schematic (page 48), and these chips are marked Q905-906 and Q911-912? These chips each contain 2 mosfets. Please check each of them for possible shorts. These chips are responsible for generating the sine wave used by the inverter transformers to generate the high voltage required by the CCFL's. However, if they are shorted will usually blow a fuse, but still worth a look.
                                    Last edited by jetadm123; 10-20-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

hi I have one of these trying to fix. The vx2235 has the same power board but differnt logic board

forgot to say
                                      mine has only the green power light on, nothing else
                                      last one like this was the eeprom
                                      Last edited by bonney; 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Hello bonney and welcome to the forum! If you've had a chance to read through this thread, you'll see that there was the question of having 24V on the brown wire on the wiring harness on the power/inverter board. It shows on the viewsonic schematic, but shows up 0V on the Yusmart. We don't know if this normal for the Yusmart or not. Can you please verify?

Comment

Hi Jet and thank you for the welcome

24V does not go to the logic board, if you look at post 11 picture 2 you can just make out no join on pin 9

Comment

Working...
                                          X