Onkyo TX-NR636 transistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onkyo TX-NR636 transistors

If I'm reading the site properly it's about $5 shipping to Residential and $8 to Commercial addresses. Is that what you would normally pay, about $5 ? I can live with the $8 charge, I'll just put a larger order together to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the offer.

edit: I see above where you say it's around $3 shipping for you. That's a damn bargain, lol.

Comment

It's $3.22, but it used to be $2.72. That is, why I like Digikey.
      Mouser is slightly more expensive, but in cases when only they have the part that I need, I don't have a choice.

Comment

Damn I need to find a way around the geo-block since I can get my parts delivered in the USA anyway.

And I think I misspoke about geo-blocking, I think they are simply determining my location via ip and not allowing me to ship within the US.

Comment

And btw you spurred me to look deeper at the preamp board and this is my list

R6073 120ohm
          R6023 2.2ohm
          R5163 150ohm
          R5303 33ohm smd
          R5313 33ohm smd
          R5113 1.5kohm smd
          Q5033 INA6006
          Q5043 INC6006
          Q6043 A004B
          Q6033 C004B
          C6043 47uf 50v
          R6113 0.22ohm 2W

These are all in the Left Surround channel. The finals were also blown but I had those on hand from a TX-NR608 which worked after replacing just those (I bought two sets at the time)

Total cost for the parts (2x everything) is about $8 at mouser and another $8 for shipping, I can live with that. I bought the unit broken for $175 complete so in theory total cost repaired should be about $200 and that's about half retail-used. I will probably be keeping this unit.

And that's that.
          Last edited by mmartell; 02-20-2015, 04:22 PM. Reason: found another resistor!

Comment

Uh oh. I just found R6113 0.22ohm 2W open on the main board near the finals. Now I'm wondering if there is more failed components under the board. Did you find any under the main board ?

Comment

That 0.22/5W I have found on Ebay, from a California seller.
              At the bottom, I did not find anything wrong, but yours could be different.
              I would check everything at that channel.
              I hanen't checked other channels configuration, but I had blown resistors like 2x 18Kohm, 2,2 Ohm, 33Ohm, 82 ohm, transistors: the finals, A004B, 2x INA/INC6006, 2SA1037.
              I did not have, any bad capacitor.
              Adjust the idle current, after you are all done.
              Get a connector that fits to the one on the main board and solder at each terminal a 100 Ohm resistor. Solder some wires, to extend it.
              Follow the instructions in the SM.
              I have also replaced the fan, with a 5V(laptop cooler one) fan, that has an adjustment for RPM.
              I have taped the fan's PCB, to the fan's frame and ran the USB cable, through that plastic protective piece, where the 120V cable is going out from the receiver and I have plugged it in to my TV.
              It seems like this receiver does not have 12V at the Update plug on the HDMI board as the previous models.
              I used to transfer the fan's connector to that and it was running all the time, when the receiver it was on.
              To me it seems like it's getting to hot.
              I have a theory about why these receivers are failing.
              I have noticed, that there are a lot of these and other models, like 616/626 that there final transistors, are not tightened properly. Check yours as well, most likely they can be tightened, at least a 1/4 of a turn.
              CHECK EVERYTHING at that channel, if you don't want to start all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                That 0.22/5W I have found on Ebay, from a California seller.
                At the bottom, I did not find anything wrong, but yours could be different.
                I would check everything at that channel.
                I hanen't checked other channels configuration, but I had blown resistors like 2x 18Kohm, 2,2 Ohm, 33Ohm, 82 ohm, transistors: the finals, A004B, 2x INA/INC6006, 2SA1037.
                I did not have, any bad capacitor.
                Adjust the idle current, after you are all done.
                Get a connector that fits to the one on the main board and solder at each terminal a 100 Ohm resistor. Solder some wires, to extend it.
                Follow the instructions in the SM.
                I have also replaced the fan, with a 5V(laptop cooler one) fan, that has an adjustment for RPM.
                I have taped the fan's PCB, to the fan's frame and ran the USB cable, through that plastic protective piece, where the 120V cable is going out from the receiver and I have plugged it in to my TV.
                It seems like this receiver does not have 12V at the Update plug on the HDMI board as the previous models.
                I used to transfer the fan's connector to that and it was running all the time, when the receiver it was on.
                To me it seems like it's getting to hot.
                I have a theory about why these receivers are failing.
                I have noticed, that there are a lot of these and other models, like 616/626 that there final transistors, are not tightened properly. Check yours as well, most likely they can be tightened, at least a 1/4 of a turn.
                CHECK EVERYTHING at that channel, if you don't want to start all over again.
                You must have had a blown main channel because those 5W resistors are only in the L/C/R channels. Mine was the smaller 2W one.

I have the Idle Current jig handy already from a previous repair to a 608 where I did the adjustment.

And your theory may hold water as I already checked the hold-down screws as I was installing the new finals and, wow, I got much more than a quarter turn on each of them.

Full Disclosure: The reason I'm asking about the bottom of the board is this.. I bodged the finals in from the topside by clipping the leads of the old ones and removing the lead-less transistor then soldered the new legs to the old legs. Ya ya I know... I seem to remember removing the board on that 608 I did previously was more complicated than it should have been so I took the short cut this time

Comment

I'm not taking chances, I always take out all the. boards. Even this way, once I have blew up that amp again.
                  I had the L channel, blown on mine.

Comment

Parts installed and all channels functioning again. Idle current adjusted as well.

Will try to do a proper burn in with all channels in the next couple days but leaving soon on a little family R&R to FLA so it may have to wait.

Thanks for your help tibimakai.

Comment

Hi tibimakai

I was wondering if I could get a copy of the service manual for the TX-NR636 working on a unit right now and need the SM

Thanks,
                      Dean

Comment

PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by dolivas27 View Post
                          Hi tibimakai

I was wondering if I could get a copy of the service manual for the TX-NR636 working on a unit right now and need the SM

Thanks,
                          Dean
                          Were you able to find the Manual for TX636
                          If yes can you pls share , I'm dying fixing receiver

Comment

I have already repaired like six of these.
                            Send me a message.

Comment

the Toshiba transistors that you are looking for tta004b,ttc004b are proprietary . Toshiba will not sell them ,but you can get some from some companies as samples. I got 10 of each.

Comment

I have found some compatible ones on Digikey and they work great.
                                Check out post #9.

Comment

Hi,
                                  i have currently an TX-NR636 on my tabel but i cant find the smd transistors.
                                  Im pretty sure they say BF Y4W and BE Y6W or BE YGW.
                                  I was hoping someone could help me to find a replacement for them.

Please excuse my poor English

Comment

Check the schematics, for part numbers.
                                    See post #9, those are the ones I'm using. May not be perfect, but they work. Digikey's recommendation it was to use these.

Comment

Ok, thank you.
                                      Already show the post but wasnt sure because in your first post your where talking about -BF81W and BE96W
                                      and im pretty sure the numbers are different from the transistor i saw. Can i still use them?

Comment

Originally posted by Craftplorer View Post
                                        Ok, thank you.
                                        Already show the post but wasnt sure because in your first post your where talking about -BF81W and BE96W
                                        and im pretty sure the numbers are different from the transistor i saw. Can i still use them?
                                        *saw

Cant edit

Comment

Do you have the schematics? It is available at elektrotanya.

Comment

Working...
                                          X