Cap id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap id

Capacitor identification, or at least I think it is one. Looks like C1u0 and 9642. Hope you can read it and help me. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Cap id

It's an SMD tantalum capacitor. 1uF.
    Not sure of the voltage. Nothing in 9642 jumps out at me as a standard voltage. Probably you need the datasheet to find the voltage codes.

Or just guess based on whatever voltage the circuit runs on.

Beware that tantalums mark their POSITIVE side with the stripe.
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Thank you for the help.

Comment

"9642" might be the date code, in the format YYWW.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Oh yes, the date code. That would make sense...

The leading "C" might be the voltage code, then?
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

"A" logo I think is older AVX. Voltage code C is (for AVX parts) 16V.

You can also estimate from the IC's operating voltage.
            Tantalum capacitors need a huge voltage derating like 50% for long life. So a 5V IC would have a 10-16V part for decoupling.

Comment

Speaking of voltage derating, if you're using X7R ceramic caps and don't want much variation due to the voltage coefficient the rated voltage should be 10X the circuit voltage.
              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Right or wrong, these are what I ordered as a replacement.

TAJA105K035TNJ
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X