This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hiya, I just begged for help somewhere on this site...not even sure where now. LOL >.<

...hopefully in a proper locale though.

I have been looking for a friendly and helpful place to get PC advice, since I have an Aspie in my house that lives and breathes for our PC...but since neither of us is very PC savvy, a lot of problems tend to be solved by trial and error and luck.

Hoping to learn more and make that not so often the case.

Thanks for having me. ^_^.

Comment

Hi all,

Newbie to motherboard components. Fixed laptops for years but never delved into the land of caps. I've been reading any and everything I can find for my newest quest and will be disecting a few old junk boards soon. That being said, thanks to all who have added to the forums (and my knowledge) and I'm sure I will have questions soon.
      Toshiba laptops are my preference for repairs so if anyone has experience with these machines I sure would like to hear from you. So far I have taught myself but motherboards require as many resources as possible. Looking forward to getting some help with these electron whirlpools.

Comment

hello everybody I'm a new one here... i hope i can learn more here... thaks

Comment

Hi,all,
          This is Alice Gu from China. it's my first to register a foreign website to be a member. it is a little excited to be here.
          Well, I am doing business about the bga chips, such as nvidia/intel/sis/amd/ati bga chips etc. and some samsung and hynix memmory chips alos available.
          it's the webiste where I post items: http://za-hk.en.alibaba.com/

Comment

Hi my name is angus and I'm looking for information to repair a GNR TG700H monitor which powers up for a second then cuts out. Also looking for info on HP6730S which does not power up.

Comment

Ha..calories kill more people than guns
              I'm a Texan and we (well most of us) have a rifle
              behind the kitchen door...sometimes used to
              off (or permanantly retire) old monitors.
              if I can't get this Samsung 245bw back up and running
              it will make an easy target

Comment

Greetings!

Comment

Hello Everyone:

Six year ago, I purchased three identical monitors (Viewsonic VX2235wm) of which all seem to be dying.

Fortunately, in a Google search I came across this site which has been invaluable in troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks guys, great site.

Comment

toshiba 42 rv530u shuts down after 2-3 minutes then wont come back on for several days. anyone have any info on this model. thanks mike

Comment

vljohnson1 electronics and telecommunications tech

hi i have went to several schools for electronics, but i have learned that the only real school is hands on. i live in a town that when you start talking about electronics there is no one there to listen. i want to have some electronic friends that can help me truly learn about the wonders of electronics. i have repaired a lot of televisions in the few years that i have worked with them, but my confidence is still not sure. i believe that (after reading a few of your posts) this is the place that i can truly learn to tackle the the world of electronics and build up to some very strong confidence in my passion. thank you very much for allowing me to be a part of this team. p.s. write me whenever you feel like it. vljohnson1

Comment

v

Comment

Hello

Hello all. I'm a newbie. I'm a DIY guy that likes to tinker, but must admit I'm a novice when it comes to electronic repairs. Found this site that seems to have very good info. Need some help with a TV that is acting up so will be posting something soon.

Comment

New here.
                            Was looking for repair guides for my new geforce 240
                            it was damaged during shipment, a capacitor came off during shipping
                            the seller is shipping me a new one at no charge, but i want to try to repair it
                            Will post in the appropriate section
                            thanks

Comment

Hello

Comment

Can any one help with this please, i have an issue with a GIGABYTE S-SERIES board, "GA-EP31-DS3L" precisely, this board is just about 3 months old, i used it to replace another gigabyte board, the board powers, the fan rolls, the processor gets hot, but it does not display, i had tried the VGA card on another board it worked and tried another VGA card on it but still does not display, there are about four lights on the board close to the ram slots that should come up and stay lit while the board is powered but these light flashes and goes off immediately while the board is on, could recapping this board fix it. (NOTE: All the capacitors on this board are solid state capacitors.) I need help on this

Comment

Re: 3 month old Gigabyte board - just RMA it.

Comment

New guy online.

I'm already a bit experienced on re capping electronics. I did a motherboard several years ago and made myself indispensable at work. Of course now everybody wants me to fix their stuff.....grrrr. But a good thing came of it. My 23 year old daughter watched me on that motherboard job.....and SHE fixed a 32" LCD TV power supply by herself while her boyfriend watched the process!

I'm glad there is a forum to research and share info for component lever repairs! Thanks!

Comment

Hi All,

I am an Extra Class Ham Radio Operator. I have a background in both digital and analog electronics. I started in computers way back before the IBM PC. I used to teach people to repair computer equipment by writing test routines and entering (fat fingering) them in on front panel switches. Also, taught them how to repair boards to a compnenet level.

I worked in a TV shop afrer school all the way through high school. Solid state was just coming into it's own at that time. The boss used to give me all the junk and I would take it home and play with it. I graduated from a local technical school in television/radio and industrial electronics. I also attended Navy ETA school. After the navy I worked on high end and commercial audio and video equipment for a while before going into computers.

I love all kinds of electronics. I think when I have blood work they find rosin in my blood.

Anyway, if I can help anyone, let me know.

KG4QPQ
                                      Louis

Comment

hello to badcaps.net admins/moderators and forumers! it's great to be in a place where you can really find help.

Comment

Hi,
                                          I have practised automotive electronics mainly + other electronical equipment repair/design work just for a hobby. Have been involved on some "commercial" kit projects mainly on automotive electronics side.

Comment

Working...
                                          X