Dell G3 3579 Bricked BIOS / KB Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell G3 3579 Bricked BIOS / KB Fix

Was trying to fix a Dell G3 3579 that had slow kb and no battery charging issue after BIOS update to v14. Tried loaded v13 BIOS using /forceit command (since battery was under 10%) which resulted in a bricked computer. A dump of the BIOS is attached.

I tried flashing the BIOS posted by SMDFlea in a recent post from someone else with the same model who was also trying to fix kb issue and it does post with that BIOS but fans go full blast and it shuts off after about 5 seconds. Maybe that model had slightly different specs.

Any help much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell G3 3579 Bricked BIOS / KB Fix

In the interest of clarity, the BIOS dump is from after I tried the /forceit command to downgrade to v13. I didn't have the foresight to dump it before trying that sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by mgrharry View Post
      Was trying to fix a Dell G3 3579 that had slow kb and no battery charging issue after BIOS update to v14. Tried loaded v13 BIOS using /forceit command (since battery was under 10%) which resulted in a bricked computer. A dump of the BIOS is attached.

I tried flashing the BIOS posted by SMDFlea in a recent post from someone else with the same model who was also trying to fix kb issue and it does post with that BIOS but fans go full blast and it shuts off after about 5 seconds. Maybe that model had slightly different specs.

try..
      Attached Files
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

This dump doesn't work for me. The problem with the computer the same. After bios update due to bad keyboard. the computer has stopped charging the battery. the power supply does start / stop on / off

Comment

Thanks for the try, peste, but unfortunately it doesn't post at all with this.

Comment

Originally posted by pehol193 View Post
            This dump doesn't work for me. The problem with the computer the same. After bios update due to bad keyboard. the computer has stopped charging the battery. the power supply does start / stop on / off
            try post #5..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84189
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by mgrharry View Post

In the dell bios update there are 2 EC firmwares,ME Firmware and a 9MB bios update. The 2 EC files are different, 086F is EC 1 ,and 0870 is EC 2 .The 9MB bios update contains EC 1. There`s another thread with a bios that has the 0870 EC 2 FW - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=3579 See post #1 ,"oryginal no video.rar" is the one.
              So does that laptop have a different spec to your model,or is it the motherboard revision number ? ,who knows. Is the bios update flashing the wrong EC ? ,surely dell wouldn`t do such a thing ,but microsoft would.
              Try the attached bios, the first has the 1.14 bios update merged and the 0870 EC 2 ,+ clean ME FW but no service tag or win key. The second is just to test, its the same as the first but with the service tag and key.

Attached Files
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-20-2021, 03:44 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ahh brilliant! Post, kb and charging issue are fixed. Went ahead and flashed TEST2 version with ST and key. Secure boot does fail validation however, but if I turn it off I can boot without issues. Any idea what that's about?

Disabled UEFI firmware capsule updates to prevent Windows from "helping out" with a BIOS update in the future.

Comment

Hello sir, what should i do with these bios files. Should i try to flash them with an usb? Please help...

Comment

Originally posted by trceyhan2606 View Post
                    Hello sir, what should i do with these bios files. Should i try to flash them with an usb? Please help...
                    Have you tried dell bios recovery,try it first . https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/e...uter-or-tablet

To flash the files posted here you will need an SPI programmer
                    Attached Files
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Have you tried dell bios recovery,try it first . https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/e...uter-or-tablet

To flash the files posted here you will need an SPI programmer
                      Hi the board was working but after changing its keyboard the fan spins fant no display light indicator has 3 orange 1 white it says rtc battry failure, I already tried cahgning its battery with a new one also. What maybe the problem

Comment

Which BIOS fixes the no charging issue. I've been using my laptop battery less for close to two years now, bought a battery, worked fine but didnt charge.

No issues at all it just doesnt charge... bought an SPI Programmer, coming in soon, just need to know in which BIOS things went south

Comment

Originally posted by NhlalukoG View Post
                          Which BIOS fixes the no charging issue. I've been using my laptop battery less for close to two years now, bought a battery, worked fine but didnt charge.

No issues at all it just doesnt charge... bought an SPI Programmer, coming in soon, just need to know in which BIOS things went south
                          If your old battery was working ok and charging theres nothing wrong with the bios. If the battery you bought is genuine and not fake then contact the seller for a replacement. If you bought a "compatible" one,then i`d also ask for a replacemnt or a refund,there`s lots of shitty batteries in the marketplace.The best ones without a doubt are genuine ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            In the dell bios update there are 2 EC firmwares,ME Firmware and a 9MB bios update. The 2 EC files are different, 086F is EC 1 ,and 0870 is EC 2 .The 9MB bios update contains EC 1. There`s another thread with a bios that has the 0870 EC 2 FW - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=3579 See post #1 ,"oryginal no video.rar" is the one.
                            So does that laptop have a different spec to your model,or is it the motherboard revision number ? ,who knows. Is the bios update flashing the wrong EC ? ,surely dell wouldn`t do such a thing ,but microsoft would.
                            Try the attached bios, the first has the 1.14 bios update merged and the 0870 EC 2 ,+ clean ME FW but no service tag or win key. The second is just to test, its the same as the first but with the service tag and key.

Thank you, I programmed the first file, the machine works perfectly! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X