Anyone try building a ESR meter with Arduino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try building a ESR meter with Arduino

I'm thinking of building a ESR meter with Arduino. The parts are available on ebay and all over the internet cheap. What is your opinion on the design?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,80357.0.html

Re: Anyone try building a ESR meter with Arduino

I have see some one in UK to have built those and actually he is selling them for around 75-80$ USD.
    The circuitry is calibrated, and in a small plastic enclosure.

My opinion is that if you need a tool it is best most of the times to buy it, so to use your personal energy in to other matters.

Arduino is an complex subject and does not worth getting to it for just making an LCR meter.

Comment

I have no opinion on the soundness of the design, but do let us know how it works out if you try it.

Comment

Wow, never really thought of using my Arduino for a test circuit... You might be on to something my friend. If you decide to start working on it keep us posted I would love to hear how the progress goes along. I have a little experience with the Arduino so if you have any questions (not saying I will be able to answer them) but shoot em by! I will subscribe to this thread!

Comment

Sounds like a nice project, would be cool to investigate!
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by 100MH View Post
            I'm thinking of building a ESR meter with Arduino. The parts are available on ebay and all over the internet cheap. What is your opinion on the design?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,80357.0.html
            That project is final state, but where is full set of eagle files and arduino code?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
              My opinion is that if you need a tool it is best most of the times to buy it, so to use your personal energy in to other matters.

Arduino is an complex subject and does not worth getting to it for just making an LCR meter.
              Then what's the fun? I think it is quite fun to build things and then use them for something ... LOL

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, it's just, I've been thinking about this more xD I have a 2 line character display, and an arduino, just need to have a working computer.... ugh
              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I never even thought of that. Now I will have to drag my old nicad charger out of the closet to get the display off of it. Curse you, as if I don't have enough projects taking up all my free time. Wonder if the cpu will play nice with the arduino, been 30 years since I coded assembly on it.

Comment

Originally posted by slackwarerobert View Post
                  I never even thought of that. Now I will have to drag my old nicad charger out of the closet to get the display off of it. Curse you, as if I don't have enough projects taking up all my free time. Wonder if the cpu will play nice with the arduino, been 30 years since I coded assembly on it.
                  I don't have a working computer connected to the internet at the moment, so there, you cursed me
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                  X