dukane optoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dukane optoma

It is common to smoke or blacken when rectifier circuit goes. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR DIODES too!!! Black barrel looking with grey stripes,labeled on board starts with D###,I dont know how much you deal with circuits.
    I'm used to dukanes with less than 5 component system. usually rectifier,diode and fuse. Hope You get it going.
    claybv

Comment

okay,
      I was thinking about your issue here.Dukane kinda went nuts with this model.The current you have going through a projector is enough that it is not necessary for a fuse;point in case is lamp would actually act as fuse. It would probably be easier to replace LAMP instead of dealing with fuse and and in your case,a circuit full of components.
      If You check around or if you know about it enough you can use " independent rectifier" (one component) provided you have at least a 6amp manual on/off switch in circuit.eliminating circuit board FULL of unnecessary components. A 6amp-10amp bridge rectifier like dukane's simpler model projectors use should work fine.

hope this helps...
      claybv

Comment

well,with your model you would have to just modify circuit in area on board,with bridge rectifier. so scratch that idea....
        claybv

Comment

this one uses a metal halide short arc lamp and has to have the electronics to start/run it.

Comment

Working...
          X