Toshiba Satellite L300 Wont work with charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite L300 Wont work with charger

I got toshiba satellite L300 when i connect only with charger it gets restart, it works with battery but when i connect charger it get off
    Silence Like Dreams

Re: Toshiba Satellite L300 Wont work with charger

My bet would be the charger connector is bad. Toshiba Satellites are rather notorious for this issue. Fortunately, the L300 connector is easy to replace as you don't have to solder anything. Go to eBay and search for: DC JACK W CABLE TOSHIBA SATELLITE L300

Tons of them available. $2.50 with free shipping even.

Comment

Would be lucky if it didnt bugger anything on the charging circuit on the motherboard.
      Connector was my first check & replaced it even though tested good, but now problem on board.

Comment

PLease describe the behavior of the charger. Did charger "shut" down when attempted to use with the notebook? So on. If this is in case, there is a bad shorted IC somewhere near by. I had to locate MOSFET transistor with ohmmeter and replace with compatible one. Be aware in these design they always parallel with another at least 2 or three so pick one and desolder it. Chances you get right one or wrong one.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Charger remain on means when i press on button all light gets on later only only charger light remain on and rest gets off. laptop goes to off
          Silence Like Dreams

Comment

I got the solution under cpu there is a square caps Market nec... remove it and put small tiny rectangular caps
            Silence Like Dreams

Comment

Originally posted by incradibles View Post
              I got the solution under cpu there is a square caps Market nec... remove it and put small tiny rectangular caps
              that's right.. i use same metode and sofar sogood... i use 4x330uf smd

Comment

Originally posted by incradibles View Post
                Hi I'm new to this forum and I have the same problem with my L300. I took a picture with the part labeled NEC TOKIN capacitor and I would like to confirm with you if this is the one? If so, can you show us how you soldered those smd caps on the board. This is to give me some guide once I desolder this part. If there is no need to remove this part then how did you solder those smd caps correctly? Hope you can enlighten me on how you did it. Thanks in advance from Manila, The Philippines.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andy45 View Post
                  Hi I'm new to this forum and I have the same problem with my L300. I took a picture with the part labeled NEC TOKIN capacitor and I would like to confirm with you if this is the one? If so, can you show us how you soldered those smd caps on the board. This is to give me some guide once I desolder this part. If there is no need to remove this part then how did you solder those smd caps correctly? Hope you can enlighten me on how you did it. Thanks in advance from Manila, The Philippines.
                  you can find the instructions here:
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=l300

I also successfully fixed my L300.

Comment

Originally posted by fabiog View Post
                    you can find the instructions here:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=l300

I also successfully fixed my L300.
                    Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Now I can try it this weekend and hope it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X