• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi i have a broken tv i found in an alley

Comment

Hello,my name is Afzal!

First I need to introduce my self.

I am from Sri Lanka, and i am also a Electronics Tech / Software Programmer for some years. I do repairs on Computers,PSU,Alarm System panels,CRT /LCD monitors ,and access control card readers,and sometimes X-ray machines etc.The company that I work for does installation / repair /service of security-related electronics equipment for 20+ years. I am 34 years old.

I am studying at the open university of Sri Lanka(I am a late starter) and do my own repair work in my spare time.

I need advice and help on some CRT scopes that had been given to me from the company that i work for as they were removing old items and upgrading equipment.I had managed to some what 'nurse' a very old leader electronics 40MHz 1041 scope from 'death' and is working and is managable!

I hope to contribute to the discussions in the future.

Thank you

Comment

Hi, My name is Gavin and I have a faulty LG 42LC55 tv, I hope you all can help me fix it.

Thanks

Comment

Hi! My MSI P45 Neo has his cap about to explode and i'm going to change it. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hello, I'm Larry and I am working on my LG 50PA5500 with no video.

Comment

Hi, My name is Fred and I just picked up a samsung HP-T5054 with power issues. Hope I vcan get some help here. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi, my names cameron, work for a repair company in hampshire

Comment

Hi, I'm ("phildan") phil, from PUKEKOHE, AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND; soon to be made redundant from Air New Zealand, (which even though I'm sore at the moment) is a growing, top class Airline!

In the past I've had computers and LCD tvs go bottoms up, and although I do electrical work have not felt confident to repair. I am now starting to repair them. I've got some basic test equipment,,,, DVM, ESR Meter, Insulation Tester, Transistor Tester Oscilloscope etc., more than the avionics guys have got at work!

I'm interested, as I have been in the past, to see how others with way more experience than me, do it!

Comment

Hello all. John is my name. Joined this forum to learn.

I am a fairly quick study with most things. Looking to learn how to fix things, as it seems that everything we touch these days is electronic and has an awful habit of breaking shortly after the warranty has expired.

I can fix a great many things. I am part electrician, part mechanic, part millwright. I own two seasonal businesses that test my skill set continually. I never shy away from getting in there and dirty; I just like to know what I am getting into first.

Anyway, look forward to using this resource and learning. Cheers.

Comment

My complaint department - I'm big on technology.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello everybody new to the forum site looking to learn new things here and broaden my horizons looking foward to chatting with u guys

Comment

Hello all new to the forums have been working on motherboards for awhile. Replacing bad caps and DC jacks is about the extent of my repairs to a motherboard, but have started dabbling in lcd tv's very excited to be part of these forums there is a ton of helpful info on here!!

Comment

Hi, hoping to learn something!

Comment

hi all great site with lots helpful tips

Comment

Joined hereing hoping to learn some new things and maybe help others. Forums like these are some great ways to learn and meet new people that have some great knowledge.

Comment

Hello, my name is Steve, I mess with electronic repair on the side. I work for Verizon full time as a Fiber Optic Technician. Im glad to be a partof this forum and hope to be enlightened on different repair applications.

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Jim I repair iPhones computers etc. I'm now attempting lcd tvs and I will appreciate any knowledge and help from you guys and girls if we have female members. I'm Irish, well that's it for now nice to meet you all

Comment

Good day everyone, my name is Ryan and I am recently making the jump into TV repair. I operate a small electronic recycling business. As part of our business we try to fix some TVs that come in with known issues that are relatively easy to fix such as blown fuses and capacitors. I have been using this forum for a while now to isolate some of these problems, but as I am doing more of this type of thing I am encountering new problems that I just don't have the proper equipment to isolate. Hoping that some of the wonderful techs that have helped others for years will be able to pass on their extensive knowledge to me.

Comment

Hi everyone my name is José, I'm from Portugal

regards

Comment

hello! my freinds my name is Cash, im a electrician by trade but i new i had the knack.
                                          but unbeleivable i did not get my first PC until 2005, then the world began i had to know if there was a problem, i had to be on top of it: there it was my first look inside a PC,.
                                          i'm a mt! quickly knowing all the latest software thru the help of itt mit and hp tech freinds
                                          servicing came thru the door. but the itch i had was TV,S so which brings me here .First and formost its better to give than to receive! all my gifts and kowledge came from being a giver! " A real Tech is one that knows were they started from which was someone gave a hoot! to listen and share the Fruits and reRoot!' this is not a job for me its my Passoin. here 24/7
                                          Ca$hreal

Comment

Working...
                                          X