Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 37PFL9632D/10, appears dead but has power

Looking for a bit more advice please.
    An ex-neighbour from about 10 years ago rang me up out of the blue, asking 'Do you know who this is?' Long story short, his old Philips TV had 'died' while his wife was watching it. It's one of those ones with the LED's that shine on the wall behind the set, ambipure or whatever- doesn't matter anyway.
    Up on the bench, back off & indeed, there appeared initially to be no signs of life, except for a faint click when applying or disconnecting the mains. Turns out the click was coming from the speakers which also whined very faintly when power was applied. I couldn't see any obvious capacitor problems, so went about checking some voltages. There was zilch at the cathode of diode 6B05 (an S6 7BA I think) and further checks revealed that it was indeed s/c. So too was the PHD38N02 FET next to it (7B06 on the board) which fell apart as I removed it.
    Getting components here is a right royal PITA, so before ordering a replacement "N-channel TrenchMOS logic level FET" (to give it its full Sunday name) I just wanted to check if there is likely to be anything else, or even a cause besides simple component failure.
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 37PFL9632D/10, appears dead but has power

check the gate drive circuit

Comment

Working...
    X