Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LCD model LE40R81

Hello all.
    The last months I've repaired many Samsung LCD's in the models LE40R86, 87, 88. They all had the well known secondary cap failure. BUT, I would say 75% of the sets doesn't come on properly after cap replacement. Then, all is needed is to change IC1803 (ATMEL 24C256), one of the mainboard EEPROM's. My theory is that when the mainboard starts up and detect the eeprom is empty, it will dump over the correct data stored somewhere else, probably in the flash. This has cured EVERY tv set without problems until today.
    You may wonder why the eeprom gets corrupt in the first place, but my theory is that the bad caps filter the supply lines so badly, there will be excessive noise and spikes on supply lines. This will result in corrupt data in the eeprom.
    The model is the LE40R81, very very similair but another kind of mainboard. Though, the eeprom is still designated IC1803.
    After cap AND eeprom replacement (it didn't work without changing the eeprom) the sets comes up, works perfectly, in 29 seconds. Then it shuts itself off and make a new start up, works in 29 seconds and continues to do like this over and over again. Since this is actually the first time I work on a LE40R81 (did only 86, 87 and 88's) may this board need other eeprom's replaced aswell?
    Last edited by PowerAmpFreak; 10-01-2011, 08:48 AM.

Re: Samsung LCD model LE40R81

I fixed an LE40R87BD - bad caps (2x2200u 10V.) No EEPROM reset necessary, though.

Also, the 1000u (35V?) cap can sometimes go bad too.

Does sound continue after it shuts down? In which case it may be a bad inverter, bad CCFLs or bad ballast. If not, the problem may be more tricky.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No, everything shuts down after exactly 29 seconds every time. Sound and picture. Also, when set is in service alignment menu this occours. Swapped the power board from a working set - the same shut down after 29 seconds.
      I'm waiting for more eeprom's to be delivered, then I will have the chance of swapping the mainboard from another set and see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't, only inverter board is left, except for the t-con, but since the picture is OK during the 29 seconds of operation I don't think the t-con is bad.

Comment

I, have exact same symtom after replaceing caps and eeprom with new, but blank one. I am searching for eeprom bin file at the moment. Do You have find the solution already?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
          No, everything shuts down after exactly 29 seconds every time. Sound and picture. Also, when set is in service alignment menu this occours. Swapped the power board from a working set - the same shut down after 29 seconds.
          I'm waiting for more eeprom's to be delivered, then I will have the chance of swapping the mainboard from another set and see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't, only inverter board is left, except for the t-con, but since the picture is OK during the 29 seconds of operation I don't think the t-con is bad.
          Exactly the same Problem here but the duration isn't 29 seconds. It's a bit less. Just about 10 seconds. Is there any solution found?

regards

Comment

Hey thanks much

Comment

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
              Did you ever manage to fix the fault with this set if so what was the cause thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X