new tablet digitizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new tablet digitizers

Where do you guys in the uk get your replacement genuine tablet digitizers from ive just had two brought to me to repair
    one is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
    the other is a Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-840 White
    i know ebay do some, (fron china/hongkong) but in the past found them to break easily or very unresponsive etc this person does not mind paying the extra for genuine items or very good quality ones can anyone recommend good sellers in the uk?.

Re: new tablet digitizers

and where do you think the genuine ones are made??

try looking on BangGood or GearBest
    they should be more consistant than ebay sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      and where do you think the genuine ones are made??

try looking on BangGood or GearBest
      they should be more consistant than ebay sellers.
      Thats true! ive had a couple of phone ones from ebay and they seemed to of been made of hard plasic and did not really work well at all ive just looked on both of those sites you linked and cant seem to find either? so may have too take a chance on ebay ones.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        one is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
        I can't help with a supplier and I HATE throwing away stuff without trying to fix it, but sometimes an used Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on your local kijiji/craigslist/gumtree is less than the cost of a replacement screen + labour to fix it.

I managed to get the exact same tablet above + 5V 2A charger for $30 CDN in mint condition used on my local kijiji.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

yes i hate throwing stuff away too, labour wise isnt the issue (repairs for relatives) what i hate wasting money on parts that dont work properly. both of these units have only digitizers cracked (one sat on one dropped) both power on fine and do work to a point so i guess will see what they want to do a stj says, where do i think genuine ones are made, so i guess may take a chance and order two from sellers with good feedback etc from china both are only roughly £10.00 each.As you rightly say though you can get some really good bargains at this time of year on facebook/gumtree groups.
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-02-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

there are some phone parts suppliers in the u.k.
            they may sell "grades" at different prices.

Comment

Replacebase.co.uk
              Genuine or high quality OEM parts through their website or their ebay shop.
              Excellent customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                Replacebase.co.uk
                Thanks ive just sent them a email so will see what they say.

Comment

there are some phone parts suppliers in the u.k.
                  they may sell "grades" at different prices.
                  there are a few on ebay one in the uk
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Touch-Scre...kAAOSw3ydVnvnT
                  and this one in hong kong
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-White-...8AAOSwoydWmKgr

so which one would you guys go for if you had too? theres no rush to fix it.

Comment

Replacebase.co.uk
                    thanks diff they do the samsung one genuine glass type just over £11.00 on there ebay shop which is cheaper than there website the acer one they dont do so i need to choose between the two ive linked my worry is the uk one buys from hong kong and puts there price up whats your thoughts?

Comment

Yes, that's usually the case with lots of stuff on ebay.
                      It's quicker to arrive and easier to return if bought from the UK though.

Looks like you'll need to remove the LCD and digitizer then separate the digitizer from the LCD. Apply new adhesive tape to adhere the LCD to the digitizer then more tape to stick the LCD/digitizer assembly back in the frame. Genuine 3M 200P has excellent adhesion.

Comment

have you got a link? to the tape you recommend i will order some then if i dont have any

Comment

I've bought "Genuine 3M tape" in the past and it's crap and probably fake.
                          The sheets of 200MP from this guy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pack-of-5-.../122025917825? stick awesomely. You'll need to cut into thin strips, but easy enough with a scalpel and ruler.

Comment

It's quicker to arrive and easier to return if bought from the UK though.
                            in theory.
                            in practice a lot of lazy bastards take days to go to the post office with a second-class stamp,
                            and give you all kinds of shit if you have a problem.

china sellers - 2-3 weeks wait, but any problems and they just refund or send another the same day.

i hate buying from u.k. sellers.

Comment

I've bought "Genuine 3M tape" in the past and it's crap and probably fake.
                              The sheets of 200MP from this guy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pack-of-5-.../122025917825? stick awesomely. You'll need to cut into thin strips, but easy enough with a scalpel and ruler.
                              cheers just ordered some

Comment

in theory.
                                in practice a lot of lazy bastards take days to go to the post office with a second-class stamp,
                                and give you all kinds of shit if you have a problem.

china sellers - 2-3 weeks wait, but any problems and they just refund or send another the same day.

i hate buying from u.k. sellers.
                                ive just ordered one from china for the acer so about half the price of the uk one and looks identical so will see what happens when it arrives.

ordered the genuine tab2 one from the seller diff recomended (had used them a few months ago for a nokia 535 screen really good glass replacement) only £11.18 so not too bad price

Comment

a update managed to fix the tab 2 with the digitizer from replacebase and it seems to work fine didnt add any new tape as came with good stuff on it.
                                  Now the acer i stripped it down eventually only to find the whole lcd glass is bonded to the digitizer not just around the edges looks like the whole lcd is stuck down like some mobile phones are, so cant fix that one as looks like lcd is cracked anyway hard too say, ebay do sell some whole lcd/digitizer units but all are the wrong ribbon connectors, i will advise the family member too keep the tablet for spares for there identical unit they have.

Comment

that sounds like the nokia lumina fones,
                                    you have to split the glass from the lcd with a heat gun & plastic card and then fit the new one with liquid rubber & sometimes a UV lamp.

Comment

yes thats what i thought/just saw on youtube certainly not worth the risk for me if lcd isnt cracked if it was a decent tablet i may of tried it but this has been dropped etc in the past and is in rough condition so i will advise them to keep the electronics for there identical unit.
                                      Some of you guys may of changed lcd bonded digitizers before i certainly havnt but will keep a eye out when people ask me to change digitizers as i guess there is a high risk of cracking/heat damage etc
                                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-05-2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

i did a fone - i wouldnt do another, and i *really* wouldnt do anything larger.
                                        to say it was a pain in the ass would be an understatement!

Comment

Working...
                                        X