Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung BN44-00264A Power Board

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
    My last mess. seems lost... as i've said it is printed only 431, it has a pin connected to the right opto
    checking it is.maybe possible but to be safer better to replace it.
    I am waiting for the replacement to come.. in the meantime, do you know if it is possible to replace these sockets that are connected to the lamps? In my 40" TV, there are 14 sockets like these in the image and two look pretty "cooked", some lamps are overheating?
    Do this overheating has something to do with my original problem (TV rebooting loop with red power led flashing)? Thank you!
    Attached Files

Comment

Search ebay for a replacement but it is not easy, if the lamp discharges on a ground surface i thing it can reboot due to protection. I don't know well the origin of problem, it can be the damaged lamp if you see a darkened end. If all the lamps have darkened ends must be changed, i have a good set of used lamps.

Comment

Is it possible to isolate these two possibly defective lamps (considering the burned sockets)? I was wondering if I could apply some black tape on the connectors to switch them off, which voltage stays there? Is this risky?

Comment

The protection see the missing lamp i guess, the voltage is between 600-1200V, i don't know exactly.. i don't know if it can be changed with a resistor or needs an NTC.
          Last edited by Davi.p; 08-29-2020, 02:16 AM.

Comment

The protection see the missing lamp i guess, the voltage is between 600-1200V, i don't know exactly.. i don't know if it can be changed with a resistor or needs an NTC.
            I inspected the lamps,and I noticed that some pins are not straight but bent. I attached two photos, in the first you can see that the 3rd lamp is curved, and in the second photo the 2nd is bent as well. Is this normal or are they deformed by heat? Maybe this can cause false contacts and then protection in the circuit, just thinking out loud. What do you think?
            Attached Files

Comment

Them must not to be bent but i think them are so probably by your move to extract the socket from the lamps connection, the lamps i see are in very good shape as color, so the bad socket must be due to bad connection (terminal outside socket), since the tv is almost old, maybe someone can have repaired with new lamps and bad installation.

Comment

That black lamp sockets/power board sockets assembly should not be removed from the LCD chassis unless the lamps and the board are removed first.
                I hope the lamps are not damaged when you removed the socket assembly.
                Last edited by budm; 08-31-2020, 04:24 PM.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

In fact to be sure lamps are seated properly you must open all the screen to have a view of the operation.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                    That black lamp sockets/power board sockets assembly should not be removed from the LCD chassis unless the lamps and the board are removed first.
                    I hope the lamps are not damaged when you removed the socket assembly.
                    In fact to be sure lamps are seated properly you must open all the screen to have a view of the operation.
                    I realized afterwards that I could remove the power board without removing the lamp sockets from the chassis. The lamps are still firing up but I will try to make their pins straight again with a small plier. False contacts can occur if I leave them in this way.

Comment

Hello guys, as a follow-up of my topic, I solved my issues by replacing the main board, which was causing overloading on the power board and then the restarts, general unresponsiveness and sometimes bad signals reception. For your information, I replaced a BN94-02583L (BN41-01167B) with a BN94-02583N coming from a 46 broken display (my original was a 40"). Apart from the two different panel size, the two boards are 100% compatible, no issues at all since last week. Thanks all for your support, really appreciated!

Comment

The esplication of defect was not that at the beginning , why?

Comment

The esplication of defect was not that at the beginning , why?
                          At the beginning the TV was completely dead, after some troubleshooting with all of you I managed to get it running but not for long time and with those symptoms (look at post #29). So the problem started with the power board and then I discovered that also the main board was defective. Glad to see that now it is working!

Comment

OK but i have repaired one with similar symptoms, the fault was the psu>main cable connector with burnt contacts, so check it well, maybe mainboard was ok.

Comment

Working...
                            X