X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

Just getting started with board repair, very new at this so please bear with me.
    Appreciate the access to the vast amount of resources this forum has to offer!

Comment

Hi all from basque country, after many year's without repairing computer, i have a new impulsive motivation.... my first windows appear's on an amiga 500, whis an Macos emulator, on 1985 or 1986, my first computer is a 186 or 286, first overclocking on a 386 d40, thunderbird, and so on.....
      So sorry for my bad english..

Comment

Howzit everyone.

Hozer here from South Africa.

Been a nerd for a long time and decided it's time to stop releasing magic smoke and actually fix something for a change.

I'm 25, and working for a large printing company. Repairing and servicing industrial and office printers. Been in this job for 4 years and I've seen alot of pcbs wasted for mall caps blown or something stupid. I d like to start using the junk and make stuff. Hopefully I could learn some stuff off this site.

PS. Just found the site, never knew it existed but looks awesome.

Comment

Hello All Past, Present, and Future,

New to the tech fixing game. Former Electrical Engineering Student from THE Ohio State University. Hated the job, but loved the hobby. Anyway, I've got a good background for the how of components when they go right, but lack the knowledge of putting it all together to do the fixing when it all goes wrong.

Decided to take a swing at things when a slew of TV issues came my way of these last few months. Just need some guidance along the way.

Comment

Hi, I'm a Electronics Tech however now in middle management and don't really play in the hands on space these days. Interested in home repairs of my mates equipment as well as mine when needed. Impressed with what I have read so far in these forums.
            Jason

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm a software developer hoping to repair my Infinity PS-12 subwoofer.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoff View Post
                I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring now.

I go back a way with Topcat, while he was still in the electronics biz, when a 200 mhz processor was a sight to behold. I've been using computers since the late 80's (first machine was an 8 mhz 286 with a 20 meg hardcard) and am mostly a networking guy with a helping of programming and a side of hardware.

Most of my involvement around here is behind-the-scene stuff, mostly setting up different services, and as always, needling topcat for still running windows.

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.
                I have no clue what im doing or even how all this works but i need help !

Comment

Hi.
                  Only in this forum i found how to do an autogen in the LG Plasma TV 60PX950!!!
                  Thanks a lot.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...bananabang.gif

Comment

Hello all! Just a introduction, I'm 65 retired master auto tech. first computer was a Franklin Apple 2 clone them did bulletin board on a Commodore 64 I have always had a system. I keep saying this is the last one will see. Also retired Rock N Roll Drummer, lost the rotator cuff in my rt. armI don't remember how I got here maybe something to do with a SMPS. What got me started? 3 months ago I was watching a video on EEVBlog of Dave explaining OP-AMPS I was hooked!. I bought a bunch of test equipment and bins full of electrical parts so far I have repaired 6 flat panel TVs and a touch to turn on Lamp. There is so much to learn my memory isn't what it was and the math is killing me. But the sky's the limit. Looking forward to LEARNING EVERYTHING.
                    O-ya. I Lived in Redondo Beach for the first 20 years of my life, Moved to Las Vegas NV. for 15yrs, moved to Alaska (all over) for 14,15 years moved to Oregon coast, Lincoln City/ Neskowin, moved to Asheville NC. in 2005 I'm still here. You all have a good evening! That is all.

IBCNU !

Comment

Hi all
                      David MacRae
                      New south wales Australia
                      1972 born
                      electronics technician since 1987
                      established my own electronics repair business 1998 to present

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                        hello

Comment

hello god i can't stop trying to fix this dam tv

Comment

hi! every one here I am new here Thank you

Comment

how i can put new thread to introduce my self here please

Comment

Hello,

From Atlanta Ga area.
                                Spent much of my college time repairing old consoles.
                                I really have no idea what I'm doing in my opinion.
                                Monkey see monkey do. Been pretty successful at it. Wouldnt be able to make a living at it though.

So, I figured I'd join this site and maybe learn some things.
                                Then maybe I'll understand what I'm doing and why.

Thank you for this resource!
                                hopefully it will save me some time from surfing badly done youtube repair videos

Comment

HI! super modulator
                                  i would like to do new thread to introduce my self, i need your help to allow me to post new thread people here helf me tips to repair tv
                                  Thank you all

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                                    I just joined the forum today. I was pointed to this forum by Shop Jimmy when I asked them a technical question about a Samsung 55" TV. I have an electronics background and in my spare time I repair TVs for my co-workers and friends. Thanks.

Comment

Just a quick note:I started may electronics career in 1968 after graduating from a vocational high school. Ive worked as an Aviation Fire Control Technician in the navy for twenty years and as an electronics mechanic for anther 20+ years. Glad to find a site dedicated to component level repair.

Comment

Olá, trabalho na area de informática e estrutura de redes, estou aqui para ajudar os amigos do grupo e espero com isso também, aprender mais

Comment

hello everybody my name is Ceasar but you all can call me Cees.im new here obviously,im actually looking for help with my tv

Comment

Working...
                                          X