WeirD ProBlem on On boARd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeirD ProBlem on On boARd...

Guys'....i had a weird problem on this system... Gigabyte 946GCMX-S2 ,1 GB RAM (KINGMAX) , Dual-Core Processor E4400, 160GB Seagate SATA, Lite-ON DVD-RW,Normal PSU 450W max.... Okay lets started with the problem..... I had Continues short BEEP error....i take a look at the manual of the Gigabyte board its say the beep is POWER error....okay, so i changed the power supply, Mobo, RAM ,and processor.....tested and okay no more beep....in the next morning i test turn it on again the same problem cameback again "Continues short beep"...now had no idea withit ....Already have Power Regulator....so now wut Should i do next ?>?> Any Idea ???/

Re: WeirD ProBlem on On boARd...

Originally posted by wan901
    Normal PSU 450W max..
    What should this be? from my opinion a normal 450w PSU by todays standard is something real crappy.

So you changed this "normal" PSu against a other "normal" one?!
    It is pretty much the case, that you replaced a junk PSU against another junk PSu with the expected result.

State the detailed information of the label here, if you want to get an answer whether it may be your problem or not.

Comment

Well....Its the new PSU i used...not junk one.....well when i replace the psu is still same brand but new still in the box.... ^_^ well....give me some opinion....

Comment

What brand is your PSU? and is the Gigabyte board the new board or the old board?
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Gonzo is referring to "QUALITY" of PSU used.

A lot of El cheapo's claiming 450W 500W would be lucky to see 250W on a good day with a wind behind them (figuratively speaking)

So what Brand and model were the PSU's ?

Since you are using a Dual Core, what type of video card?

I take it its this MB Here

standard questions apply , is it a new build.... was it working fine before this.... did you change alter or update anything.

The other thing I would do is re seat the connectors and make sure the on board ATX12* connector is seated properly (*see page 19 of manual)...also the video card etc
          (*it actually mentions if its not on or if the psu is not up to par it wont power up or will have issues and possibly not startup)

There has been some comment on Gigabyte MB's failing too..so maybe your just real unlucky

When I build a system I don't screw anything down tightly (MB cards I mean) ...I just leave it slightly slack to allow a little play while seating cards etc ...

then nip them up, check and power up

not saying this is your problem but it something that has to be ruled out as a possible cause since the symptoms (from what you say) point to a power issue.

HTH

Cheers
          You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Well....its was really fresh PSU that came out from a bx 2gether....well there is no Graphic card also then actually the PC is not mine...was my customer PC....well this is 7th time sent back to me with same problem... Continouse Short Beep error when my customer bring it back to me....well...when i need to boot to the windows...i need to reset the CMOS back....then the Mobo will be okay...hmmm...i have no idea already...lolz....Changed the Mobo...change the PSU...change the Processor , change everything....like wut i can say is Whole new pc give it to my customer already....after 3-4 day....the same problem will came back again.....wut im thinking is the Power Surge or Instabality Current ....is it supposed to be the error about ??? =_=
            Last edited by wan901; 09-15-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

don't use the psu from a case. buy a separate from a good brand such as Corsair (reccommended for gaming), Seasonic (the OEM for Corsairs), or FSPs. the lite-ons and deltas you can use though. nothing that says ISO, or Deer, or L&C, etc.

Comment

Why don`t you put the sticker information from your PSU in here? Is it that hard to understand that no one can do anything with such descriptions like "really fresh PSU" or "old PSU" or "new PSU"?

Just take the manufacturer and model from the picture on the PSU and we may help you.
                But without this information it is a wast of time.
                But if you pulled it from a case, there is not much hope, that this PSU is in any way suited for your system.

Comment

actually i bought a few gigabyte cases for my customers and they came with Delta power supplies. thought that was pretty good for a case psu.

Comment

This is not to say the psu is the issue, but its a good starting point since what you say and what they say is pointing to a power issue.

since you changed everything with same brand model (mostly) and had the same issue all I can assume is there is some sort of mismatch and the other thing you mention is that it was at a customers place...slim I know, but I assume you run it up with his HDD with OS so maybe he has some corruption virus spyware...whatever.

Is this happening when windows goes into some suspend mode.

its somewhat ruling out a piece of hardware as being faulty if you changed most of it but still have the same issue.(since the chances are small both would have the same fault..unless it some design interaction problem unlikely but possible)

The other thing is possibly Bios maybe buggy....did both boards have the same BIOS is it the latest or does it have known issues.
                    (is there some some subtle thing happen between BIOS and OS that causing corruption since you mention resetting the BIOS)

You need to line up you ducks from most likely to least likely and knock them down one at time.

This sounds like a sticky one and its better if you can nail down the true nature of the fault, but sometimes you can fix something without knowing its true nature...trouble is its a potential issue waiting to come and bite you on the bum when you lest expect it.

me Id rule out PSU (by using a know quality one)
                    then rule out customer HDD by doing a fresh install on a new HDD
                    in the meantime Id look into possible bios issues and have an updated firmware ready to try (if there is one)

you say 7th time how long from the time he took it new till the first time it happen.
                    has this increased frequency wise.?

( EG . like he took it, had it for 3 weeks no issues.... then it happen and now happens ever day or 2)

Ram, ram settings could cause boot problems but think you have ruled that out.
                    (and possibly better to only use on stick when trouble shooting)

I guess too there is some MB and Ram, brands types that are just not going to play together nicely...or may need a tweak to get them to work together happily.

Anyway I could totally be barking up the wrong tree and yeah not the guru.

But hope it gives you some avenues to look into,
                    Id like to think a decent PSU would fix your issue
                    but I am stating to thing it something more subtle.

listing the full system specs would help too , someone might notice a problem .

Cheers
                    Last edited by starfury1; 09-20-2007, 09:25 PM.
                    You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

I worked a client yesterday with a regular, continuous short beep.

Bad keyboard.

Bug moved when I swapped the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X