EPox 8RDA+ with bad Caps!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPox 8RDA+ with bad Caps!!!

PC was fine for the last nearly 2 years. Then today, I played Far Cry for about an hour, then went to do some house chores. Came back an hour later to no video...PC seemed to be running OK, but on reboot I got bad post. Having had this problem with a video card only a few months ago, the first thing I looked for was bad caps. Sure enough, 3 caps with a little "lyte" showing out the tops and several more caps with noticeable bulges.

I do not OC, so this machine has not been unduly stressed. It is an 8rDA+ rev 1.1 I can't ID the bad caps, except that they are all green and gold.

Supposedly, I have a 2 year parts and labor warranty on this, so I am trying the RMA process through EPOX. Wish me luck.

Re: EPox 8RDA+ with bad Caps!!!

RMA shouldn't be a problem. My 8RDA+ rev1.0 was a year over warranty and they accepted my RMA request so long as I pay 17$ for the parts and return shipping. I haven't sent it in yet only because its going to cost more for me to send it to California for repairs than it would for them to do the repairs (or for me to do them for that matter).

Comment

Working...
    X