Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashi

This type is of issues normally happen when there is a short circuit on the vbat line, in the case of your board or schematic, +vchgr line, the battery voltage line. When this happens a short circuit is introduced into the battery pack and subsequently disables(shorts) the communication lines; sda and scl.The host in this case, the motherboard(charging IC and EC) not seeing any communication from the battery pack will assume the battery has being disabled internally and hence post that kind of notification to your screen that your battery is disabled temporarily. To solve this problem, remove PR137 and check for short at both sides of it. the side that shows a short to grnd, u inject about 12v to the line and inspect any heating components. remove and replace the component and your problem is solved.
    Same as Kiraro was saying, just put in a more newbie form.
    This should solve your problem

Comment

Re: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashi

Originally posted by Levi View Post
      This type is of issues normally happen when there is a short circuit on the vbat line, in the case of your board or schematic, +vchgr line, the battery voltage line. When this happens a short circuit is introduced into the battery pack and subsequently disables(shorts) the communication lines; sda and scl.The host in this case, the motherboard(charging IC and EC) not seeing any communication from the battery pack will assume the battery has being disabled internally and hence post that kind of notification to your screen that your battery is disabled temporarily. To solve this problem, remove PR137 and check for short at both sides of it. the side that shows a short to grnd, u inject about 12v to the line and inspect any heating components. remove and replace the component and your problem is solved.
      Same as Kiraro was saying, just put in a more newbie form.
      This should solve your problem
      Hi Levi,
      Thanks for head-up, unfortunately i am totally noobi so not understand much what you saying, first remove PR137 and than check for short at both sides of it, how to check this? with power on board included battery?

Comment

OK NOTHING WRONG WITH TRANSISTORS.
        ASSUME YOU HAVE A BAD BQ24707 IF ON PIN 6 YOU GOT VOLTAGE BETWEEN 2,6 AND 3 AND ON PIN 20 19V AND STILL HAVE 3V AT REGN_LDO

REGN_LDO SHOULD BE 6V FOR A GOOD WORKING BQ24707

THE CHARGING IC CAN BE THE ONE WHO BRING SHORT AT +vchgr line

Comment

with no power, no battery, to the board. put your multimeter to continuity or ohms mode. with black probe in ground put the red probe each side of PR137. the side that beeps or reads 0 ohms is the side that has the culprit component.

Comment

i'll check BQ24707 Pin 6 & Pin 20 Voltages in an hour & post back here, its about near to duty off time here since i am on work now, so if Pin-6 showing 2.6 to 3 Voltages & Pin-20 showing 19 Voltages than it means BQ24707 IC is bad right..
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by levi View Post
              with no power, no battery, to the board. Put your multimeter to continuity or ohms mode. With black probe in ground put the red probe each side of pr137. The side that beeps or reads 0 ohms is the side that has the culprit component.
              he did this test already . Read previous post

Comment

with no power, no battery, to the board. put your multimeter to continuity or ohms mode. with black probe in ground put the red probe each side of PR137. the side that beeps or reads 0 ohms is the side that has the culprit component.
                oh i got it, i need to check PR137 from each pin with diode mode & ohm mode
                BTW what is PR137 call? its Resistor or Cap or zener? how to know what is its size?
                appreciated your help,
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dycc View Post
                  he did this test already . Read previous post
                  @dycc, we not did this test yet, @Levi talking about pr137, below is yellow mark pr137
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ali101 View Post
                    i'll check BQ24707 Pin 6 & Pin 20 Voltages in an hour & post back here, its about near to duty off time here since i am on work now, so if Pin-6 showing 2.6 to 3 Voltages & Pin-20 showing 19 Voltages than it means BQ24707 IC is bad right..
                    Thanks.
                    NO when BQ24707 is working properly
                    Pin-6 show between 2.6 to 3 (no ovp condition)
                    pin20: 19V
                    pin16 :6V

Comment

@dycc, we not did this test yet, @Levi talking about pr137, below is yellow mark pr137
                      pr137 is connected to pin 1 and 2 of jbat1

Dear dycc,
                      Below are results,
                      jbat1: pin1 and 2 ohm value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 1 result

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 1 result

jbat1: pin1 and 2 voltages (battery and adapter connected) = 1.8V
                      Thanks.

Pin 12 and 13 of BQ24707 ohm value
                      (Black probe on pin 12 & red probe on pin 13 = 18.8
                      (Battery and charger disconnected)
                      Last edited by dycc; 11-17-2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Hi dycc,
                        Sorry i did mistake in morning to check BQ24707 IC Pin16, i checked again and below are results

BQ24707
                        Pin 16 Voltage test =13.27v
                        Pin 6=2.67 v
                        Pin 20=18.21v
                        Diode test
                        Black Probe on ground and red probe on IC Pin 16 = 1606
                        Red Probe on ground and black probe on IC Pin 16 = 631
                        Ohm test all resluts are 1

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , red probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 630 result

Thanks.

Comment

Dear Levi PR137 both side pins ohm and diode results = 1

Comment

as i said we have already done test levy asked for. also pin 16 must be 6V if you find 13v that mean IC is not good.

Comment

Hi dycc,
                              Sorry i did mistake in morning to check BQ24707 IC Pin16, i checked again and below are results

BQ24707
                              Pin 16 Voltage test =13.27v
                              Pin 6=2.67 v
                              Pin 20=18.21v
                              Diode test
                              Black Probe on ground and red probe on IC Pin 16 = 1606
                              Red Probe on ground and black probe on IC Pin 16 = 631
                              Ohm test all resluts are 1

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , red probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 630 result

Thanks.
                              pin 20 and 6 have good value . but pin 16 is not good.

Comment

ok i got it, will wait for new IC & after replace will postyou results here,
                                Thanks.

Comment

dycc has said it all.

Comment

Hi dycc,
                                    yesterday i received 5 peaces of Charging IC & i replaced it in board, after plugin power cable, smoke come out from board from IC place & IC got bun, than i desolder IC but it destroy two lines of IC from board so now seems like its impossible to solder an other IC on that place, now if i try to plugin board with charger without IC, my charger power goes auto off after plugin, below is board IC place where you can see IC place two lines been destroyed, any idea how i fixed it & make my board back alive, seems like very bad luck,
                                    Attached pic of charger as well, if i plugin charger with board now its blue light goes out off, not sure how much board got destroy & whether it have any chance to make it alive back,
                                    you help will he appreciated,
                                    Thanks.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Pin-2, 3, 4 been destroyed from board as below image you can see marked with yellow color,
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Bump,
                                        @dycc , @Levi waiting for your comments,
                                        Thanks.

Comment

Thats not abig issue. You first find the tracks of the two damaged pins. Solder the new ic on mb and connect those two pins on pcb thru jumper wire. Its delicate job but did it in many many mobos.

Alternatively, you solder wire(i use ground wire from scrap lvds cable) on the ic first(without installing on mb), cut the wire as per target points on the mb. Now solder the ic on mobo and connect those wires on mb target track points. Be carefull too align the wires to the target point before applying heat. The wire wont come off when applying heat.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                          X