Ecs P6STP-FN usb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecs P6STP-FN usb question

ok on my Ecs P6STP-FN in device manager it list like a total of 5 usb ports however there are only 2 on the board and i can't find any open headers or places for them so my question is this how do I go about wiring in the additional ports? Also I am trying to stay away from using a hub due to space constraints where the system is going.

Thanks,
    yonu

Re: Ecs P6STP-FN usb question

You are stuck.
    You see them in device ma manger because the 'chips' for that many USB ports are built into the chipset but the manufacturer chose not to use them.
    When they do that the necessary wiring and other parts are not built into or installed onto the motherboard.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Your best option is to get a POWERED hub.
      - One with an AC adapter.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

ok then perhaps my next question should be if they are built in to the chiset how would I go about tagging on to the pins at the chipset for those ports?

Comment

You would have to find the SIS tech docs for the chipset.
          I don't even know if they are published.

-

- Dr Seuss
          -
          -

Comment

ok thanks will start looking i assume then it would just be a matter of soldering on to the pins on the chip correct?

Comment

Working...
            X